The Student Room Group

Higher History: SOS

I am starting to stress greatly about my history exam on wednesday! I have learned the knowledge and argument for my women, how far democracy, liberal reforms, obstacles to unifcation and Nazis rise to power. I am finding it hard to memorise my essays and I am paniking on what topics will come up. History was my strongets subject but now I feel as if its becoming my worst! If anyone could help me with tips on what to learn, how to learn it or anything at all I would be grateful. I know everyone has different ways of studying but I really do need any help I could get! I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me!

Thanks!
Original post by Framec97
I am starting to stress greatly about my history exam on wednesday! I have learned the knowledge and argument for my women, how far democracy, liberal reforms, obstacles to unifcation and Nazis rise to power. I am finding it hard to memorise my essays and I am paniking on what topics will come up. History was my strongets subject but now I feel as if its becoming my worst! If anyone could help me with tips on what to learn, how to learn it or anything at all I would be grateful. I know everyone has different ways of studying but I really do need any help I could get! I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me!

Thanks!

OKay well, I think it' going to be votes for women, reasons for democracy, reasons for liberals, obstacles to unification, bismarck and nazis rise to power. So you should be okay with the ones you've learned.

But just don't panic and look through your notes and make essay plans. I also always find it helps to do knowledge stuff in one colour and argument in another colour so I have it serparated in my head. Also practise essays in 40 minutes as well cos in my prelim i hadn't done that and then suddenly paniked about time. okay good luck and I hope this was at least a little bit helpful :tongue:
As said by Elspeth, it is likey that votes for women, reasons for democracy and reasons for liberal reforms will come up. So just revise those topics? There is no way not one of them will appear.
Reply 3
Original post by ElspethNix
OKay well, I think it' going to be votes for women, reasons for democracy, reasons for liberals, obstacles to unification, bismarck and nazis rise to power. So you should be okay with the ones you've learned.

But just don't panic and look through your notes and make essay plans. I also always find it helps to do knowledge stuff in one colour and argument in another colour so I have it serparated in my head. Also practise essays in 40 minutes as well cos in my prelim i hadn't done that and then suddenly paniked about time. okay good luck and I hope this was at least a little bit helpful :tongue:

Thanks a lot! So do you think there is anyway they could miss out nazis? Just because I am not confident with early Germany history in comparison to Nazi Germany and Nazis rise to power. I really hope women comes up because that is what my extended essay was on and it hasn't came up for a while.

My teacher doesn't think liberals will come up and thinks it will be labour so I'm going to learn labour today and just reread my democracy women and liberal notes! So stressed haha! Also for paper 2 as well :frown:
Thanks a lot! So do you think there is anyway they could miss out nazis? Just because I am not confident with early Germany history in comparison to Nazi Germany and Nazis rise to power. I really hope women comes up because that is what my extended essay was on and it hasn't came up for a while.

My teacher doesn't think liberals will come up and thinks it will be labour so I'm going to learn labour today and just reread my democracy women and liberal notes! So stressed haha! Also for paper 2 as well :frown:

I do'nt think Labour will be there because it has been there for two years in a row. Also I don't think they will miss out the nazis because some schools only do nazis and don't even do early german nationalism and they can't put those schools at such a disadvantage as that.
Reply 5
Original post by ElspethNix
I do'nt think Labour will be there because it has been there for two years in a row. Also I don't think they will miss out the nazis because some schools only do nazis and don't even do early german nationalism and they can't put those schools at such a disadvantage as that.

Were you annoyed Nazi Germany didn't come up then? I was in such a panic but luckily wrote about German Princes acting as obstacles to unification!
Were you annoyed Nazi Germany didn't come up then? I was in such a panic but luckily wrote about German Princes acting as obstacles to unification!

What questions came up? It's usually 3 questions for Germany right? I'm pretty sure one of them has to be Nazi Germany and then another has to be pre-Nazi and then the third is random right?

At least, this was the case when I did it a few years back.
Reply 7
Original post by Quick-use
What questions came up? It's usually 3 questions for Germany right? I'm pretty sure one of them has to be Nazi Germany and then another has to be pre-Nazi and then the third is random right?

At least, this was the case when I did it a few years back.

Nope! It was all early Germany questions unforetunatetly

That's surprising. :redface: Hope it wasn't too bad. I thought that the early Germany stuff was pretty interesting.

That's surprising. :gasp: Hope it wasn't too bad. I thought that the early Germany stuff was pretty interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending