The Student Room Group

Denmark has banned Halal and Kosher slaughter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Drewski
Because we're all not morons as we understand that humans require meat in their diet and that it is perfectly reasonable and sensible to have and keep animals for the purpose of food, as long as those animals are kept humanely and are not subjected to pain in their life.

Wrong.
I'm sensing this has little do with animal rights.

People often look at Scandinavian countries, to which Denmark does actually fall into that category, and think how open minded they are. They are actually very worried about Islamists moving into their countries and take a form stand. This is quite similar to Switzerland and parts of Germany banning the construction of minarettes.
Original post by Albaraly
Disagree.

Can I ask for your reason?
A severe violation on religious freedom.

Animals still die regardless what ever the method of slaughter is.
Original post by Drewski
There have been numerous reports on Countryfile about UK farms having to go to great lengths to pass EU laws on animal care, laws that apply to everyone in the EU.

Well who am I to argue with Countryfile. Just because the EU has set a "maximum cruelty level" in its farms doesn't mean that such farms are now free from cruelty. Teeth clipping is still perfectly legal, there is no argument whatsoever that it is not cruel, there are countless other issues such as overcrowding, cleanliness, starvation, disease, anaesthetic-free mutilations and breeding-induced deformities that are still rife, acceptable and worst of all legal practises in modern day western farming.

Original post by Falcatas
A severe violation on religious freedom.

Animals still die regardless what ever the method of slaughter is.

You're going to die someday, does that mean I can slowly torture you for weeks in the most horrific ways imaginable until you finally succumb to your injuries? I'm assuming the answer is no, you probably want to die in your sleep or something....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xDave-
Wrong.

There are other sources or protein and fat, but this is why eating meat is acceptable, because it contains nutrients which we are required to eat.

It's not unnatural to eat meat.
Original post by Snagprophet
There are other sources or protein and fat, but this is why eating meat is acceptable, because it contains nutrients which we are required to eat.

humans are better and more specifically designed to be vegetarians, given our teeth, digestive tract systems, stomach acids etc. however it doesn't mean we cant or shouldn't eat meat.
If animals are better off then no doubt I support this, animals are victimised too often
Reply 28
Original post by abbalarr95
Can I ask for your reason?

Well as a Muslim I feel I can only imagine how much more difficult life for Muslims, Jews and anyone else who chooses to eat halal or kosher. It kinda feels like they are being denied a basic right.

However if they Denmark has collectively chosen you can't really argue against that. But can I ask why they did it, like has it been a long time coming or something else?
Original post by michaelhaych

You're going to die someday, does that mean I can slowly torture you for weeks in the most horrific ways imaginable until you finally succumb to your injuries? I'm assuming the answer is no, you probably want to die in your sleep or something....

I am a human not an animal.
Religious slaughter doesn't even torture an animal for weeks.
What an earth on are you?
Reply 30

He said we require meat. We don't require meat, you just said that yourself.

Not sure how my one word suggested anything about that, but okay. I don't make arguments based on what is natural or not because that's caveman thinking. Our lives revolve around the man-made, we're hardly natural in any way. We breed animals in mass on factory farms we've built; yeah, that's so natural!
(edited 9 years ago)
Apparently a bolt to your brain, before cutting your throat is that much more humane. Maybe we should start doing the same to fish....

But hey ho, all meat is good.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Require is an interesting choice of word. Desire may be more appropriate.

'Require meat' may be an exaggeration and over simplification, but 'require the nutrients, minerals and vitamins from meat' is not.
Original post by Falcatas
I am a human not an animal.
Religious slaughter doesn't even torture an animal for weeks.
What an earth on are you?

A human is an animal, both have peripheral nervous systems and nociceptors, both can experience pain. There is no reason to subject an animal or a human to a painful death when there is a painless alternative
I never said it did, my point was that a painless death is obviously preferable to an agonising death, regardless of the species.
Original post by Drewski
How the hell did you get that from what I'd written?! Do you just reply to any post with "EU" in it and assume it's negative?

Learn to read.

so You like the EU?
Original post by 391iady
so You like the EU?

I expressed no opinion either way, merely stating that farms in the UK are having to abide by EU laws on animal cruelty, just as farms across the rest of the EU are. I fail to see how you can read a bias either way on that.

Or why you'd even bother trying to. What agenda are you trying to forward?
Stupid and completely unfair.
It looks like Denmark went (not even) halfway to "Animal rights" by taking away "Religious rights"... I mean if you really want to implement these animal rights - why not stop slaughtering of animal all together? force everyone to go vegetarian? These politicians are truly evil, or simply braindead...
Reply 38
I love how little they care for religious sentiment.

Beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with this.

Now, onto factory farming...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending