The Student Room Group

8 days until first exam

I have revised a lot for the past few months, I'm on track for my predicted grades. What should I be doing for the next week? Should I continue to revise, should I step up the amount of revision, simply do past papers, revise for more distant exams? Advice would be appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Hey! My exams are 8 days away too; I'm starting to do more past papers and writing stuff I don't understand in big, bold, colourful letters of pics are put them around the house. I'm doing it for science mostly tbh
done nothing so far and plan to do at least 2 hours a day
Reply 3
Original post by Tosaseeforyou
Hey! My exams are 8 days away too; I'm starting to do more past papers and writing stuff I don't understand in big, bold, colourful letters of pics are put them around the house. I'm doing it for science mostly tbh

I might do the same! Make sure you let me know how your exams are going! I'm worried but knowing other people are in the same situation helps me cope!
I got 7 days til my first exam :eek:

The worst part is that it's French and I have absolutely no idea how to revise for it!

Anyways good luck to all of you guys! :flower2:
Original post by IGotThePower
I got 7 days til my first exam :eek:

The worst part is that it's French and I have absolutely no idea how to revise for it!

Anyways good luck to all of you guys! :flower2:

Same here xD I think I'm just using Kerboodle :tongue:
Reply 6
Since we're nearing our exams now I'm just focusing on past papers this week. Then two nights before I'm going to go through key points again, or areas I'm unsure about.

Eugh, French. Can't wait to get it over with. >_<
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asiret
Since we're nearing our exams now I'm just focusing on past papers this week. Then two nights before I'm going to go through key points again, or areas I'm unsure about.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa french is a joke :') hoping for a B... got A*s in coursework but exams are just impossible
Reply 8
Original post by Angelo12231
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa french is a joke :') hoping for a B... got A*s in coursework but exams are just impossible

Same dude! I got an A and A* for my courseworks but the exams are just terrible- Especially listening. :angry:
Original post by Asiret
Same dude! I got an A and A* for my courseworks but the exams are just terrible- Especially listening. :angry:

AHHH LISTENING the devilll.. i mean reading is calm cuz you can just re-read the text but listening is like ''what did he say?!'' speak english -_-
Original post by jamesguitar
I might do the same! Make sure you let me know how your exams are going! I'm worried but knowing other people are in the same situation helps me cope!

Will do! I've got R.S and Geography next week; I find them dead easy but there is so much concept to remember? What's your first exam?
Reply 11
Will do! I've got R.S and Geography next week; I find them dead easy but there is so much concept to remember? What's your first exam?

My first exam is R.S with OCR, so the philosophy and ethics spec! Then after that I have AS general studies:frown: all that in a week's time:frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Asiret

Yeah good idea! I think I know all the info, just got to get practising! What grades are you aiming for?
My first exam is R.S with OCR, so the philosophy and ethics spec! Then after that I have AS general studies:frown: all that in a week's time:frown:

Aaaah I feel you bro, good luck! I'm sue you'll do great :smile:
For French listening, even listening to the tone of their voice can help you to guess what they're saying - especially for the P/N questions
I had a spanish oral today, and it went well. My first GCSE exam this year starts in 4 days
Reply 16
Yeah good idea! I think I know all the info, just got to get practising! What grades are you aiming for?

Well for French reading I'm aiming for an A, whereas for listening I'm aiming for a B or C. (I struggle a lot with listening :frown:)
What about you? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Asiret
Well for French reading I'm aiming for an A, whereas for the listening I'm aiming for a B or C. (I struggle a lot with listening :frown:)
What about you? :smile:

I had to drop french to do further maths. But in further maths I'm aiming for an A!
i have revised a lot for the past few months, i'm on track for my predicted grades. What should i be doing for the next week? Should i continue to revise, should i step up the amount of revision, simply do past papers, revise for more distant exams? Advice would be appreciated

good luck!
Reply 19
good luck!

Same to you! You'll do great!

Quick Reply

Latest