The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
he has a girlfriend who's 26 years old.. but he said he's not serious with her

And the prize for the most overused cliched way of getting naive girls into bed goes to...

He wants to have his cake and eat it. If I were you I would run as fast as I could in the opposite direction - unless of course you like the idea of being the solution to his mid life crisis.
Just as an interesting topic for discussion, what do you think the maximum age for an 18 year old would be? I know it would depend on many other things but in your opinion what is too high?

I had a friend a couple of years ago who dated a 24 year old at 16, and I know a girl now who is 17 and is pregnant/now supposedly getting married to a 26 year old. Personally I think these age gaps are too big!
Sorry i had to laugh how he said he loves you after one kiss, i would not go with him your 18 for god sake, your feelings will change, you got so much to live for, by the time you reach 30 he'd be near retirement age.

This sort of thing usually ends in tears, i know someone from school who went off with someone around that age and her parents threw her out and she dropped out of Sixth Form.
Anonymous
Well I think he has a "thing" for younger girls because he has a girlfriend who's 26 years old

ok first off he has a gf so I'd say it's a no no situation, besides, you're young you dont need to be tied down with someone so much older than you who would probably just want you for one thing anyway. Are you going to uni? plenty of nice guys your own age there! :smile:
Reply 24
the age gap......
Ella_belle
And the prize for the most overused cliched way of getting naive girls into bed goes to...

:rofl: :yy:

MissSurfer
Just as an interesting topic for discussion, what do you think the maximum age for an 18 year old would be? I know it would depend on many other things but in your opinion what is too high?

There is no concrete rule about these things, no way. Yes in general an 18 year old and a 40 year old is concerning but there is a huge grey area as to what is acceptable to different people.
Anonymous
A few days ago I kissed a 45 year old man.
Yea, and?

You're in control of your feelings - use them as your guide; not random people on an internet forum.
shady lane
Hmm...desperate much?

Too big of an age difference, sorry. I know all sorts of teenage girls will come on and say "it's love, how dare you judge others" etc. But even at my young age of 22 I can tell you, a 45 year old that wants an 18 year old is either slightly perverted or cant' get any adult women. Stop it right now because you are too young, enjoy life and don't this 45 year old man try to keep you for himself and stop you from living your own teenage life.

Besides, he will try to get sex from you eventually, unless he's religious or something.

:yy: well said

i think when you are getting involved with someone who is your parents age you have to look at what they are wanting, in this case age does matter..
to be fair "love" is a strong term, and if he had any decency he'd be morally torn between fancying you and thinking you are to young for him. He'd probably want the best for you and would try to convince himself he doesn't fancy you.
Besides, I believe (and may be wrong) that saying "I love you" after 1 kiss is more of the teenager thing (like loving a pop star or an actor), 45 year olds would think think more carefully about saying it.

Still, whatever makes ou happy. Just please, please don't let him touch you at least for now, and don't get yourself into a situation where you don't have a choice (eg don't go to his place alone etc.)

Good luck!
Reply 29
Peadophile. Ergh.
see this thread, this can show how it ends in tears
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=256441
put it this way most of these older guys see this girls as an easy piece of fresh meat and once they had their bit thats it.
Quite worrying...
If he already has a girlfriend it's not a good idea, if he's happy to cheat on her with you what does that say about him?
Reply 33
As Aaliyah said, ''Age ain't nothing but a number'' :biggrin:
Madlib
As Aaliyah said, ''Age ain't nothing but a number'' :biggrin:

As Helenia said, "Not quite." :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Sounds a bit like an American Beauty syndrome. And we all know how that ended...
he sounds like bad news, and i still think its wierd he hangs out with his son, i mean i get on with my mum but nowhere near that much
Reply 37
First: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Second: What's he doing with an 18 year old girl? Dodgy.

Third: What do you actually see in a 45 year old man? They're all saggy and yuck.
Reply 38
Their balls certainly have dropped.
put it this way most of these older guys see this girls as an easy piece of fresh meat and once they had their bit thats it.

can't that be said for younger guys?:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending