The Student Room Group

OCR Advanced FSMQ: Additional Mathematics – Summer 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asdfghjklmegan
They have been getting harder recently but my lowest mark has been an 83 so that should guarantee an A. And really wow

Yeah, same-ish for me so we should be ok. I'm honestly surprised that schools would bother entering pupils for this if they're just going to flop and get a U
Reply 61
Original post by midgemeister7
Yeah, same-ish for me so we should be ok. I'm honestly surprised that schools would bother entering pupils for this if they're just going to flop and get a U

Aha you've described my school perfectly :colondollar: With the others in my class, its more because of the attitude that "this exam means nothing" and "I want to focus on my other exams, I've already done my maths gcse" I really regret not taking FSMQ a bit more seriously. Could have probably been aiming for an A. Ah well, I'm hoping for a B.
Original post by DDan123
Aha you've described my school perfectly :colondollar: With the others in my class, its more because of the attitude that "this exam means nothing" and "I want to focus on my other exams, I've already done my maths gcse" I really regret not taking FSMQ a bit more seriously. Could have probably been aiming for an A. Ah well, I'm hoping for a B.

I know right -could have been an easy A grade but ah well I just hope I scrape an A or even a B .BTW are u still revising like me
Got bio tomorrow as well...
Reply 64
Original post by Exams r stupid
I know right -could have been an easy A grade but ah well I just hope I scrape an A or even a B .BTW are u still revising like me

Lool yup, I'm getting sick of these past papers :P. I'm just hoping for the best now, I spent all day revising for science.
Reply 65
Original post by GCSEsitter
Got bio tomorrow as well...

Same. Are you doing OCR biology tomorrow??
I love maths but I couldn't be bothered learning the course as it was optional and the teachers didn't teach it to us it was our job and I only just started to learn yesterday -pray for me
Original post by DDan123
Same. Are you doing OCR biology tomorrow??

No aqa. Did most ad maths revision before, just did every past paper since 2003 3 or 4 times each! Should be fine
Reply 68
Original post by Exams r stupid
I love maths but I couldn't be bothered learning the course as it was optional and the teachers didn't teach it to us it was our job and I only just started to learn yesterday -pray for me

I'm sure you'll do fine. Just think of me crying during the exam aha.
Reply 69
No aqa. Did most ad maths revision before, just did every past paper since 2003 3 or 4 times each! Should be fine

That was originally my plan to spend the half term working on maths. Whoops lol I ended up procrastinating and leaving it last minute :frown:
Good luck today, everyone! I'm sure you'll all be fine. :smile:
Reply 71

Sorry to interrupt but could you help me with with question 12 (ii) and (iii) in the June 2009 paper
Original post by gcser8
Sorry to interrupt but could you help me with with question 12 (ii) and (iii) in the June 2009 paper

12 (ii) Work out AC using Pythagoras (you know AB and BC - use tan =o/a to work out BC). When you get that, use tan(x) = opposite/adjacent to find the angle between A and the plane.

12 (iii) Do 500 x BE (find using Pythagoras) for the total area of the rectangle half it to get the area of the triangle. Then, to find out BG, do Area/0.5xAE (base) = height (BG) :smile:
Reply 73
12 (ii) Work out AC using Pythagoras (you know AB and BC - use tan =o/a to work out BC). When you get that, use tan(x) = opposite/adjacent to find the angle between A and the plane.

12 (iii) Do 500 x BE (find using Pythagoras) for the total area of the rectangle half it to get the area of the triangle. Then, to find out BG, do Area/0.5xAE (base) = height (BG) :smile:

Thankyouuu :biggrin:
Reply 74

I know this may sound stupid but can you do 1/2 base x height with any triangle because I though it was just with right angled triangles but in the June 2006 paper question 13 (V) it is not a right angled triangle and they use 1/2 base x height
Original post by gcser8
I know this may sound stupid but can you do 1/2 base x height with any triangle because I though it was just with right angled triangles but in the June 2006 paper question 13 (V) it is not a right angled triangle and they use 1/2 base x height

Yeas you can use 1/2bh for any triangle, but sometimes when you are unable to work out the height you can also use 1/2 x a x b x sin(c). Just think about it - if you double it, you will always make a quadrilateral so 1/2 of that will be the area of a triangle.
Reply 76
Yeas you can use 1/2bh for any triangle, but sometimes when you are unable to work out the height you can also use 1/2 x a x b x sin(c). Just think about it - if you double it, you will always make a quadrilateral so 1/2 of that will be the area of a triangle.

Thank you soo much was really confused
Did exam at 0900 instead of 1330 due to clash with Biology. Didn't really like it, made a few mistakes including one on linear programming question that probably cost me 12 marks.
How did everyone find today's exam? I thought it was really difficult. Hoping for a c. :frown:
Original post by otherdan
Did exam at 0900 instead of 1330 due to clash with Biology. Didn't really like it, made a few mistakes including one on linear programming question that probably cost me 12 marks.

Same! It was much harder than previous papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending