The Student Room Group

Girls, what aspect of a guys to you is a huge turn off?

Scroll to see replies

Stinkiness (and I'm not talking about guys who are just leaving the gym, but those who refuse to use deodorant as some kind of personal vendetta against poor people near him)
Cockiness, crudeness and over-the-top swearing
Not being able to hold an intelligent discussion

Also about bazillion other things that are not annoying in general, but some people manage to make it so.:rolleyes:
If they hate animals or treat them badly, if they want kids, if they are arrogant or basically a prick in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yasmin25
If they hate animals or treat them badly, if they want kids, if they are arrogant or basically a prick in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

really?
Original post by Solemn Rain
really?

Yeah because I never want kids so I'm not going to be interested in someone who does want them.
It wouldn't be fair on either of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Being too much of a "lad"
-Being overly obsessed with football or games consoles (Enjoying them is fine, but making them your life is a complete turn off)
-Spending every night at the pub
-Being cocky
-Smoking (I hate it)
(edited 9 years ago)
The type of guys to not think before they speak like spotting things on a girls face lool its funny but a huge turn off:biggrin:
Yeah because I never want kids so I'm not going to be interested in someone who does want them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you never want kids? Most men do so you could have a hard time finding one that doesn't.
Original post by Stewie2011
Why do you never want kids? Most men do so you could have a hard time finding one that doesn't.

My bf of 5 years feels the same way thankfully :smile: but yeah I do agree that those who don't ever want them can be hard to find. I just don't have the need or the notion to have them. I never have. They bore and annoy me to tears. If other people want them go ahead but nah, they just aren't for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its likely that even though your mind doesn't your body will eventually. How do you intend on dealing with that? Im just curious.
Original post by brownbearxo
Its likely that even though your mind doesn't your body will eventually. How do you intend on dealing with that? Im just curious.

I know deep down I dont want them. Its hard to explain something about yourseld you have known all your life to be true. Its not some fleeting fancy but I know where you are coming from. People find it hard to deal with that some people just never want kids.
I'm also planning to get sterilized at 30. I'm on the pill atm but I want a permanent solution and the doc said NHS won't do it til I'm 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lt93
Bad odour, covered in tattoos and piercings, alcoholic and smoking. Ugh.

nothing wrong with drinking, as long as you don't abuse it.
I know deep down I dont want them. Its hard to explain something about yourseld you have known all your life to be true. Its not some fleeting fancy but I know where you are coming from. People find it hard to deal with that some people just never want kids.
I'm also planning to get sterilized at 30. I'm on the pill atm but I want a permanent solution and the doc said NHS won't do it til I'm 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I fully believe you don't worry, but a friend was the exact same until last year when she said the physical urge was overwhelming and she had a baby! I imagine sterilisation would deal with all the hormones related to that though so yeah good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well sure, but what about in your old age if your partner were to pass away first might the chances be than you could be left with no family around you in old age. Similarly, if your partner left you in your 30's for example then you could have a pretty hard time finding another partner, just a thought.
Original post by Stewie2011
Well sure, but what about in your old age if your partner were to pass away first might the chances be than you could be left with no family around you in old age. Similarly, if your partner left you in your 30's for example then you could have a pretty hard time finding another partner, just a thought.

Not even that would make me want any. Seriously. I would rather be without a partner and totally alone than forced to have kids I didnt want just in order to have a partner or someone to look after me when I'm older.

Anyhoo, we are derailing from the original topic of the thread which ain't fair on OP lol.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Arrogance
Ignorance
Inability to make me laugh
Clinginess (doesn't mean putting no effort in, which some guys seem to think is cool...)
Original post by brownbearxo
I imagine sterilisation would deal with all the hormones related to that though so yeah good idea.

It's unlikely they'd remove the ovaries at such a young age purely for the purpose of sterilisation, since there are significant risks associated with long term sex hormone deficiency (such as osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease). She's more likely to have a uterine tube ligation, which would leave the hormonal axis fully functional

Incidentally, Nexplanon ("The Implant") is actually a more effective method of birth control than surgical sterilisation (sounds counterintuitive I know, but sometimes the sterilisation fails and the tubes reconnect)
(edited 9 years ago)
Arrogance, playa kind of guys who do that thing of acting cold/unfriendly so you'll think they're cool and want to sleep with them.

Guys who take stuff too seriously and are obsessed with 'decent' music, films etc that no one's heard of.

And guys who are just out getting wasted in ****ty clubs all the time, don't get me wrong I drink, sometimes in excess, I just prefer bars and daytime drinking, and slightly more 'grown up' places that people with jobs go to rather than really cheapy student nights but this is probably an unfair one because I am no longer a student :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Cashmee
nothing wrong with drinking, as long as you don't abuse it.

That's why I said alcoholics :K:. I like guys who drink in moderation, not a crazy drinker who drinks 10 pints or something.
- Arrogance/cockiness
- Thinking that as a guy, he can sit back and have no input in the relationship and make no effort, but expect the girl to stick around despite that
- Racism
- Thinking that he's superior to anyone without knowing them
The biggest turn off at first sight is chav clothes (like tracksuits with logos and Superdry coats, etc) and smoking.
I also hate seeing spitting, littering and nastiness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending