The Student Room Group

Interrailing alone in July? anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm last minute looking to travel alone, possibly leaving next week at some point if anyone's keen? I have no real idea of where yet - only really want to see Italy and everywhere else is open to my cultural eyes! Panicking about being so unorganised and alone so if anybody's in the same position it would be great to hear!
Original post by megano
I'm last minute looking to travel alone, possibly leaving next week at some point if anyone's keen? I have no real idea of where yet - only really want to see Italy and everywhere else is open to my cultural eyes! Panicking about being so unorganised and alone so if anybody's in the same position it would be great to hear!

have a look at other threads and youll mind someone else..

mind me asking why it was so last minute:?

HOPE to go on one next year myself
Reply 22
Original post by trustmeimlying1
have a look at other threads and youll mind someone else..

mind me asking why it was so last minute:?

HOPE to go on one next year myself

I was supposed to be going to work in America at a summer camp but it hasn't worked out so just trying to piece together something else to do... all my friends are working/busy and it's currently a nightmare!
Original post by megano
I was supposed to be going to work in America at a summer camp but it hasn't worked out so just trying to piece together something else to do... all my friends are working/busy and it's currently a nightmare!

ah yeh thinking of doing that next year too...did they tell cancel on you or something:?

hmm theres other websites as well to find travel buds

what interrail car do you plan to get:?
Reply 24
Hi everyone, I'm planning to travel in August if anyone is still looking a travel companion. Get in touch. Nathan
Reply 25
ah yeh thinking of doing that next year too...did they tell cancel on you or something:?

hmm theres other websites as well to find travel buds

what interrail car do you plan to get:?

Yea, so so ridiculously annoying because I've left my job too! Ooo is there?? What are they called? I had a look before and came up with a really dodgy looking one hahah!! I'm not sure yet!
Original post by megano
Yea, so so ridiculously annoying because I've left my job too! Ooo is there?? What are they called? I had a look before and came up with a really dodgy looking one hahah!! I'm not sure yet!

camp america cancelled on you...thats ****!!! mightnt bother with them so...
I know right google it and it looks dodgy alright
but better than nothing I guess although Im sure thered be someone here but you might have to compromise and that
maybe go to one country? the benleux pass seems good...or the greek one with the free ferry to italy..

otherwise I hear croatia is great slovenia hungarys lovely too

thats where I wana go next year
Reply 27
camp america cancelled on you...thats ****!!! mightnt bother with them so...
I know right google it and it looks dodgy alright
but better than nothing I guess although Im sure thered be someone here but you might have to compromise and that
maybe go to one country? the benleux pass seems good...or the greek one with the free ferry to italy..

otherwise I hear croatia is great slovenia hungarys lovely too

thats where I wana go next year

I went with campleaders and you're not guaranteed a placement. like 99.3% get placed and I was in that .7%..... mega annoying! But at least I can see Europe and look forward to America next year!
Original post by megano

Last year I decided to go to Europe and bought my plane ticket and left all in 3 days! You can do it :smile: If you want to work, I recommend trying out being an au pair! ( aupair-world.net ) You get paid to live in a foreign country! I had some great experiences, it's just important to find a family you are compatible with. I was unorganized too, but I turned out fine. I stayed with family a lot, and in a hostel in Vienna at one point! That was the best part of my trip, but it was a bit risky and I think I was just lucky - I wasn't very smart and would go around alone in the strange city - so just make sure you are cautious about it.
Original post by megano
I went with campleaders and you're not guaranteed a placement. like 99.3% get placed and I was in that .7%..... mega annoying! But at least I can see Europe and look forward to America next year!
ah feck sake...

yeh hopefully me next year too or volunteering..

interrail is back up or might do both
Original post by megano

I leave alone on Monday! Starting in amsterdam, then berlin, then Rome and finally paris.. but if I meet cool people am willing to switch up my route! I'm 21 from Birmingham! 😁
Reply 31
Original post by georgiekatex
I leave alone on Monday! Starting in amsterdam, then berlin, then Rome and finally paris.. but if I meet cool people am willing to switch up my route! I'm 21 from Birmingham! ������

Cool I'm hoping to head to berlin/Amsterdam for 4/5 days around the 11th if Germany or holland get into the World Cup final.

currently in Milan
Going to Amsterdam on my own a week on Tuesday (16/06) then have no idea what to do after that...starting to think I should plan this better!

Anyone have any ideas on where I should go after that? Or is anyone around in Amsterdam from the 16th to the 19th?
I'm planning on the Netherlands and Belgium so not your part of the country and not interrailing, the pass I need would be overpriced for the time I'm going. If I was going for longer it might be good value. I'll still use mostly trains and one coach(other than the ones I'm using to get to and from the continent. If the Netherlands make it to the final that would be awesome, I should be in Netherlands then and possibly Amsterdam.
Original post by united.spammers
Going to Amsterdam on my own a week on Tuesday (16/06) then have no idea what to do after that...starting to think I should plan this better!

Anyone have any ideas on where I should go after that? Or is anyone around in Amsterdam from the 16th to the 19th?

Utrecht? Rotterdam? Eindhoven? I haven't been to any but I'm planning on Utrecht and Rotterdam myself. Close to Amsterdam and fairly cheap train fares, if you do it the right way. Amsterdam <-> Utrecht <-> Rotterdam. For some reason Amsterdam to Rotterdam seems quite expensive. You could always ask at the hostel when you get there, I'm planning to do the same even if I already have a rough plan.

Original post by georgiekatex
I leave alone on Monday! Starting in amsterdam, then berlin, then Rome and finally paris.. but if I meet cool people am willing to switch up my route! I'm 21 from Birmingham!

How long will you be in Amsterdam? I'm yet to book my ticket but I aim to be in Amsterdam by Thursday morning.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'll be in Berlin Wednesday - Saturday and Prague Saturday - Tuesday, interrailing solo if anyone does want to meet up! Up for going out at night definitely!
Reply 36
Original post by mushpantsbc
I'll be in Berlin Wednesday - Saturday and Prague Saturday - Tuesday, interrailing solo if anyone does want to meet up! Up for going out at night definitely!

Ahh sucks, I've just been to berlin for the football, it's a great city loads to do!

Currently in Prague, also great. Moving to krakow then budapest next, enjoy your trip!
Original post by eyedress
Ahh sucks, I've just been to berlin for the football, it's a great city loads to do!

Currently in Prague, also great. Moving to krakow then budapest next, enjoy your trip!

I'll be in Krakow next week and Budapest too! Let me know what you think of them!

Quick Reply

Latest