The Student Room Group

Law LLB ADVICE HELP ASAP!!!!!!PLSSS

Hey there I have gained Distinction,Distinction,Distinction* in my Btec national diploma in Business studies which is equivalent to three A-levels. Im thinking of doing law llb, and some people are saying its hard putting me down yet im so passionate to study this in university I have many unconditional offers. I don't mind a lot of revision I want to do this course, i want to know if its hard to understand? as i've never studied law before but i am willing to put all my time and effort in to this subject!!
will like some feedback ??? thanks would be extremely appreciated :tongue:
Barely anyone has studied law before university, so you aren't alone. There's some books, such as 'What about Law?' that you could read to give you an idea. If you're passionate about it, you'll be fine. There's a lot of reading, which can be dry, though if you're genuinely interested it won't be a problem. Some people don't start to enjoy it until second year so I've heard (especially LSE).
Yes, it is hard to understand and yes it takes a lot of revision, and no your social life won't be as great as everybody else's, but it is a valuable degree. That I can say. I can't say I've enjoyed it personally, but I know many people have. And for those who don't, they often see it as a means to an end anyway.
Reply 3
It's alright. Most of what I didn't like was stuff from the QLD compulsory list.

If you really wanna do law - do law.

Where are your offers from?
You don't have much to worry about seeing as you're passionate about Law. Your first year at uni is literally a 'beginners' year where you are taught the fundamentals of law. It caters mostly for those who have never studied law at any level. Bear in mind this is what a friend of mine stuying law told me. It does still require a lot of reading but you should be fine. Your second year is when **** gets real.
Oh thanks guys you have made me feel ten times better than I originally did! I appreciate thanks a lot ✌️
I have a 2.1 from a red brick.

The only module that was actually hard was Land law. Every thing else is manageable. Law is more to do with hard work then intellect.

Do yiu want advice? Dont do Law as the market is saturated and graduates are lucky to get para legal roles. Do something IT, Business related
I remember my mum told me law was hard and that I could never do it. Graduated with a 2.1 and now doing my Legal Practice Course at the Uni of Law. At the end of the day, no one can you tell what you can and can't do... if you're passionate enough, you can do it, even when the going gets tough. You will find it hard at times but a real degree should never be easy.
You have given me more confidents thanks, my dad said the exact same. Lol:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending