The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberyswyth as a university?

I've found the exact course I want to do which is International Politics and the The Third World at Aber. It's meant to be the best in the UK for international politics and 5th in the UK for student satisfaction however when i've been looking at reviews most seem to be negative rather than positive? If i could please get some more opinions it would be great :smile:
Aberystwyth is very good for IR, though I'm not sure I'd go quite as far as to say it's the best in the UK.

However, you'll have to be happy with being in a fairly small Welsh seaside town with poor transport links - if you want the big city life, Aber isn't for you.

Anyway, I've moved this to the Aberystwyth forum for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by lucy.ellen
I've found the exact course I want to do which is International Politics and the The Third World at Aber. It's meant to be the best in the UK for international politics and 5th in the UK for student satisfaction however when i've been looking at reviews most seem to be negative rather than positive? If i could please get some more opinions it would be great :smile:

Hi Lucy.Ellen

Welcome to the Aberystwyth Forum! It's great to hear that you're considering to study here with us! :smile:

The International Politics and the Third World is a great degree and is one of the finest in the UK. You'll be able to find out much more about the course here: http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/international-politics-and-the-third-world-degree/. The university has also just invested over £100 million in residential and teaching facilities for you to use, has the best scholarships and bursaries of any uk university and was recently awarded as the safest University Town in the UK.

We are set in a town that has evolved into, what many people believe to be, the perfect student town and community. Check out this student video [video="youtube;kktMqrMioY0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktMqrMioY0[/video]

If you have any questions or need any help just let me know on here. Also, we have a strong student Facebook presence. Search for 2014 Aberystwyth university Applicants Social Group.

Cheers,
James :smile:
Aberforth is a great name

Quick Reply

Latest