The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

to be honest does it really matter?
Reply 21
well to the thread starter would you be put off a guy with a brace?
No, I don't see that it would put me off a girl really.
Sticking out teeth aren't necessarily a terrible thing, but teeth are more attractive if not sticking out, it is generally considered. This said, I think most guys would rather date a girl whose teeth stood to not stick out so much, in the long run (i.e. a few months of kissing a metal-mouth, could be followed by the remainder of a lifetime of kissing a girl who could well advertise 'Colgate'), than a girl whose teeth looked to be set to stick out for the rest of her life.

Metal-mouth and then 'Colgate' girl, over eternal bucktooth, any day........
yeah look on the brightside she'd have perfect teeth when the braces come off
Carl1982
yeah look on the brightside she'd have perfect teeth when the braces come off

That sums it up perfectly, really. It's only logical to take a long-term view of things. It kind of depends as to what position the 'OP' is in, though; if she's pondering over whether or not to get a brace, then I'd advise her to get one, as she'll look better, in the long run, and it won't put many guys off; if she's already got one, then I'd reassure her that there was no need to worry, as it wouldn't put many guys off, anyway, and I'd tell her to consider the long-term benefits. In short: if you're considering getting one, get it; if you already have one, don't worry.

My first ever girlfriend had sticking out teeth, but spoke of getting a brace; I was glad, as it meant she'd look more attractive, in the long run (I'm not as shallow as it may sound, here), and the thought of kissing a 'metal-mouth' wasn't in the slightest bit off-putting. Of course, me being me, she dumped me before any of this happened, and I am, to this day, able only to imagine as to how much better looking a girlfriend I could have had, in her.

Life's a bitch, and then you date one (with or without a brace).
Reply 26
ideally - no
reality - probably
Nope i don't mind...
Reply 28
As with most of the other threads asking whether the bf/gf would be put off by some physical 'problem', NO- if you love him/her.
I dont understand, girls wear necklaces and braclets and earnings, and rings yet braces which is like a necklace on your teeth, is bad?

I was quite excited when i first got braces, i liked the idea of having them thou the novilty soon wore off. But they still dont really bother me, still ill be glad to have them off.
On the contrary, I find braces cute! :wink:
Reply 31
Yes
Reply 32
Not entirely sure if this is on topic but there's bound to be some teenage girl wanting to get braces who checks this out =P But you can get invisaligns.
http://www.invisalign.com/generalapp/gb/en/
Not every orthodontist is qualified to give these yet, but you can shop around to find one. These are basically plastic retainers but molded so that they shape your teeth and are nearly invisible. And from people talking about it on forums you can even kiss someone without them noticing =P They work by having a set of plastic retainers that slowly change shape and shift your teeth. It works by the same principle as metal braces except that instead of tightening the metal strings you would change a different tray which shifted your teeth more. Well yeah it's a far more aesthetically pleasing alternative and although the intial price will be slightly higher 10% 20% maybe, you will probably save that on orthodontic visits anyway. Well yeah, just a bit of advice for someone planning on getting a brace and worrying about the title of this topic, there are other options out there, so have a look =P
Reply 33
Actually for me, a big thing is that it makes you look young.

The other day there was this girl working behind a counter, she looked really cute so I said something flirty and smiled, and when she laughed back I saw she had a brace - my first thought was "****, bit young!"

But actually I don't think she was, that's just the perception.

But really the answer is that it depends on how much he likes the rest of you.
It's not gonna be a massive thing.
Reply 34
"Guys: Would you be put off a girl if she had a brace?"

No way
nope
Reply 36
i dont think they would, considering im a gal lol
my friend has a brase and her and her bf kiss each other all the time lol
Reply 37
pendragon
On the contrary, I find braces cute! :wink:

me too
nope, but if it bothers u can go and get ceramic braces that cannot be seen by the public

Latest

Trending

Trending