I'm lost for words. This breakdown couldn't have come at a worse time:

1. Swept by the royals- worst team in the league
    2. Lose 2-3 to the Rays- 2nd worst team in the league
    3. Sweep Baltimore (thank god)
    4. Swept by NY
    5. Now they have a 9 game trip out west to play 3 more good teams

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that this was the best series ever. Totally unexpected. And this after all the analysts (minus Kornheuser) were claiming that the Yankees have no shot of making the playoffs a bit over a month ago. I was hoping that the Yanks would manage to salvage 2 games. But after murdering the Red Sox in the first two games (especially their bullpen), I had a feeling the Red Sox were in deep trouble.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kornhieser is an idiot anyway. God how I wish we still had Arroyo or Lowe *sobs*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollo)
    Kornhieser is an idiot anyway. God how I wish we still had Arroyo or Lowe *sobs*
    Or Damon. :p:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or cabrera...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I :suith: Melky
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't talking about that cabrera, but he'd do :p:

... and another loss *hangs self*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    like all amercan sports, basketball the least. went to the Us last yr and went 2 2 baseball games and really liked it. saw the yankees and yankee stadium and the baltimore plyin minnesota twins and tampa bay devilrays.
    NFL- Philly eagles
    MLB- NY yankees
    NHL- Philly flyers
    NBA- philly 76ers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am well into my american sports praise the lord for sky sports extra who show a lot of the nfl to be fair to them props!

I am a huge Falcons fan have been ever since i watched them playing in the first game i ever watched down a pub at like 2 in the morning lol

I watch baseball being a yankees fan simply cos i was aware of them i guess but cant change the habit now and my fav nba team is the Pistons ever since i first watched basketball some years ago now such a great work man like team!

Cant wait to get to uni and join the american football team and bring on the nfl season
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well i can saferly say that 5 game sweep was the best regular seaso series i have ever seen. Brilliant stuff.

Sad news tonight for all Yankee fans, Mussina has been put on the DL, so Karstens and Wright will both have to fit into the rotation.

OR

There is talk that Clippard might be called up from Columbus to fill a gap?? ummmmm not sure.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we don't win tonight I dunno what I'm going to do...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Havent you got Lester on the mound tonight? might have to give him some offense to get the win, as your bullpen doesnt fill you will confidence.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Given your terrible rotation and bullpen, I just can't see the Red Sox winning more than a few games in a row. And you need a long winning streak to get back into contention. I wouldn't be surprised if you finished the season below the Blue Jays.

(Original post by Cano234)
    Havent you got Lester on the mound tonight? might have to give him some offense to get the win, as your bullpen doesnt fill you will confidence.
    Lester's been terrible since the all-star break. Their only decent pitchers now are Schilling and Wells (and potentially Beckett, but that's outweighed by the potential of Wells flopping).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And you cant exactly count on Wells either, of course being a Yankee fan im not bothered one bit about the Red Sox problems but i have to wonder how on earth there rotation got so bad.

How long is Wakefield out for? and with your current rotation Matt Clement is looking a lot better lol I know this is crazy but i was talking to a friend of mind in New York and rumours are there that the Red Sox are thinking about picking up Ponson lol You know things are bad
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why we had to suffer with Wilson, Chacon, and Ponson starting so many games when we have at least 3 pitchers in AA and AAA who are good enough to put up 5-6 solid innings. I don't understand why Torre doesn't bring up Hughes until the end of the season. I doubt he'd do any worse than our other #5 starters. Not that the number 4 starter is any better. Wright gives me a heart attack every time he pitches. The guy must put at least two men on base every inning, even in games he wins.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wright cannot come in from Bullpen, to be effective he has to start, i used to have a heart attack whenever Wright was on the mound but laterly i have felt a lot more comfotable. I Dunno about Hughes he is only 19 so i dont want to bring him up and then him get smacked around, he is dominating AA so i think we should leave him there, but i would be for bringing up Clippard, he threw a no hitter the other week and is doing pretty well. Nick Green seems to be getting a lot of playing time at the minute, last night it was at 2nd in place of Cano and tonight its at 3rd instead of A-Rod
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cano234)
    Wright cannot come in from Bullpen, to be effective he has to start, i used to have a heart attack whenever Wright was on the mound but laterly i have felt a lot more comfotable. I Dunno about Hughes he is only 19 so i dont want to bring him up and then him get smacked around, he is dominating AA so i think we should leave him there, but i would be for bringing up Clippard, he threw a no hitter the other week and is doing pretty well. Nick Green seems to be getting a lot of playing time at the minute, last night it was at 2nd in place of Cano and tonight its at 3rd instead of A-Rod
    Meh, Green is useless offensively. He's just a younger Cairo. Though with A-Rod's defense, having Green in the lineup is probably going to save more runs than A-Rod would score.

I doubt someone doing that well at AA would get hit around. He'd probably have an ERA of around 5.00, but I could accept that. All starting pitchers seem to be terrible in the bullpen (at least in the same season).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Meh, Green is useless offensively. He's just a younger Cairo. Though with A-Rod's defense, having Green in the lineup is probably going to save more runs than A-Rod would score.

I doubt someone doing that well at AA would get hit around. He'd probably have an ERA of around 5.00, but I could accept that. All starting pitchers seem to be terrible in the bullpen (at least in the same season).
    Yer i think its still probably best to leave Hughes where he is at the moment, although his pitches are major league ready. Hughes is going to be such a stud in our rotation as long as we keep winning (7-0 tonight) let him gain experience in the minors.

Yer A-Rods defense has been beyond bad, its just been awfull, Green hasnt done bad tonight, good defensiverly got a hit so far so not bad at all. Already scord 7 runs without A-Rod
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe we're paying around $18 million a year for someone who's hitting .280, will get around 30 homers, and has terrible defense. It's just a shame there's a shortage of good third basemen. And Duncan is terrible in Triple-A. A-Rod is the only weakness in the lineup.

Too bad our pitching still sucks (not as much as Boston's granted). And we're stuck with Wright for something like 3 more years, and 1 more year for Randy Johnson. I wonder if we can trade them for a bag of balls. I'm praying Pavano plays like he did before coming to the Yankeees.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well Wright actually has a clause in his contract this coming off season, which means we can buy him out if we want to, Johnson has pitched well laterly, and Wang looks like he is getting back to his dominant self after some shaky starts so im hopefull we will be fine.

Dont even mention Pavano biggest waster i have seen on the Yanks for years, paying him money to sit on the physio table, what was he out with last time? a bruised buttock i mean come on lol

A-Rod is a threat but he is noway near as good as his valuation insists, if he was playing SS he might well be, but at 3rd he has troubles. Ilike having him in our lineup as he scares pitchers, only think i dont like is the fact that he has hit into the most DP on the Yankees this season

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 7, 2007
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.