The Student Room Group

Int2 maths

Scroll to see replies

The height for the cylinder is 15 not 10 so volume is wrong and part b is wrong
Reply 41
Question 1 - it's a 15% decrease not increase. Thank you very much though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bradbury1234
The height for the cylinder is 15 not 10 so volume is wrong and part b is wrong

Spotted thanks corrected paper solution now.
Original post by CB_67
Question 1 - it's a 15% decrease not increase. Thank you very much though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spotted sorted now thanks (read the question duh!):egg:.
Paper solutions on this thread here> link
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by tomctutor
Here's the paper pdf (thanks to elf5) and worked solutions to the Int2Maths (U123) paper2:

Paper2: Int2M2014_U123_paper.pdf
Paper2 worked solution:
Attachment not found

Please quote this thread link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47498467&postcount=40
If I correct the paper I will post it back here so come back to this post!

Any errors let me know, some questions have optional methods for solutions, in all cases you must show your workings and reasonable sig.figs to get full marks.

Doing paper1 when I finish it i'll add it here also:woo:

Hi there, just wanna check question 9, should it not be (x-4) you put (x-5) instead which lead to the wrong final answer.
Original post by Melodysx
Hi there, just wanna check question 9, should it not be (x-4) you put (x-5) instead which lead to the wrong final answer.

Well spotted there - its not easy to TeX without errors --excuses egh!:K:
Reply 46
Well spotted there - its not easy to TeX without errors --excuses egh!:K:

No problem :smile: well everyone makes mistakes ! We are all human after all !!
Could anyone post paper 1?
Original post by Christopher199
Could anyone post paper 1?

I've upped pdf's of both papers (Int2M U123) and my completed worked solutions in this thread> link.:lollypop:
Here's the papers pdf (thanks to elf5, kyle) and worked solutions to the Int2Maths (U123) papers 1&2:

Paper1 (non-calc):Int2M2014_U123_paper1.pdf
Paper1 (non-calc) solution:Int2M2014_U123_paper1_worked.pdf
Paper2 worked solution:
Attachment not found

Please quote this thread link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47498467&postcount=40

Any errors let me know, some questions have optional methods for solutions, in all cases you must show your workings and reasonable sig.figs to get full marks.

Thanks very helpful
Reply 50
Thanks very much tomc :smile:

Here's the papers pdf (thanks to elf5, kyle) and worked solutions to the Int2Maths (U123) papers 1&2:

Paper2 worked solution:
Attachment not found

Reply 51
Hi, can you help me please? For Q13 i used the sine rule to find the length of the base of the triangle. I then used 0.5 x b x h to find the area of the triangle and then added it to the area of arc formula. Do you think this would work as well, or would i get any marks out of the 5? :smile:

Paper2 worked solution:
Attachment not found

Original post by elf5
Hi, can you help me please? For Q13 i used the sine rule to find the length of the base of the triangle. I then used 0.5 x b x h to find the area of the triangle and then added it to the area of arc formula. Do you think this would work as well, or would i get any marks out of the 5? :smile:

As long as you got the right answer in the end, don't know how you knew the height h though as you have to use pythagoras to get that also!
Alternative methods if mathematically sound are fine so yes you should get full marks here!
I know this is maths int 2 but does anyone have the english int 2 exam passage and questions
Reply 54
sounds good thanks :smile:

As long as you got the right answer in the end, don't know how you knew the height h though as you have to use pythagoras to get that also!
Alternative methods if mathematically sound are fine so yes you should get full marks here!
Reply 55
Hmm. Q3 paper2 I got 3(x-1)(x+4) as I took out the common factor first. Oh well...
Original post by arkle
Hmm. Q3 paper2 I got 3(x-1)(x+4) as I took out the common factor first. Oh well...

For Q3 the answer can either be (3x-1)(x+4), (3x+12)(x-1) but can also be written 3(x-1)(x+4), 3(x+4)(x-1) so you will still be correct
For Q3 the answer can either be (3x-1)(x+4), (3x+12)(x-1) but can also be written 3(x-1)(x+4), 3(x+4)(x-1) so you will still be correct

I got 3(x-3)(x-1) is that completely wrong or would I get any marks for working ?
Original post by stephaniejpm
I got 3(x-3)(x-1) is that completely wrong or would I get any marks for working ?

It's wrong but you probably get 1 mark for it though because you got the x values correct
It's wrong but you probably get 1 mark for it though because you got the x values correct

okay thanks you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending