The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TheAsianProdigy
Can the people who didn't to get in first time please tell me what AS grades they had, and what predicted A level, and which med schools you applied to?

Thanks

4As at AS, 4 predicted As at A-level, biology, chemistry, french, maths

Cambridge, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle

interview in Cambridge, and Glasgow, pooled in Cambridge

rejected without interview by Manchester and Newcastle
Reply 21
Having just read Decota's post, I just felt I had to respond, though I doubt I'll really say much of use. You say too many people want to do medicine. That's fine. Let them want, just like I want to. Those who want to do it most will do it the best. There are reasons away from the cushy job which make people want to apply. Otherwise, why would there be places open in UCAS extra for actuarial science, law, investment degrees, which could potentially earn people fortunes.

Sure, we get money taken off us to study, and don't have the time to earn it in the last few years, but the extra salary and extra loans negate each other to create an income liveable on. Sure, there's maybe depressed doctors, but there are many happy ones. It certainly isn't the most depressed profession, although some branches of it could be depressing (particularly ones which deal with incurable diseases, terminal illnesses, geriatrics, child deaths, maybe some psychiatric disorders). In medicine, there is, however, such variety, that one may chose a line of work in which they will enjoy working. Maybe not everyone finds it though:rolleyes:
TheAsianProdigy
Can the people who didn't to get in first time please tell me what AS grades they had, and what predicted A level, and which med schools you applied to?

Thanks

right (min) Grades gets the admin tutors attention, PS gets you the interview, and the interview is what gets you the offer.

Half of the people in my college, had much better grades then me (at GCSE and As-levels), yet they got rejected from everywhere, wheras i got 2 offers.

Latest

Trending

Trending