The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Mechanics 2 (M2) 19th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find that then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
good but not great, was more plessed for time than usual, especially q1 for only 4 marks
Reply 62
for the last question did anyone get V = 7.35 or something close?
Reply 63
if anyones interested i just did the question again, 6 ii this is, and got 15.86 m/s, I replaced a tan20 somewhere with a cos20,

Hope all went well for everyone else!
Are you sure you're talking about MEI M2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Political Cake
Are you sure you're talking about MEI M2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very hard if im honest, hopefully it will be lower grade boundaries than normal. you?
Reply 66
That paper was a disaster...

Dropped at least 30 marks, I counted...
Original post by seanlarge
Very hard if im honest, hopefully it will be lower grade boundaries than normal. you?

It felt the same standard as last winters one. The two that got me was the work-energy question without a given mass and the two pin-jointed rods question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad i'm not the only one who found it difficult. lower grade boundaries do you reckon?
Reply 69
Did we get 9ms^-1 and 8ms^-1 for the particle explosion (i think in question 1)?
Original post by Political Cake
It felt the same standard as last winters one. The two that got me was the work-energy question without a given mass and the two pin-jointed rods question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

which question was the one without the given mass?
Original post by Riemann
Did we get 9ms^-1 and 8ms^-1 for the particle explosion (i think in question 1)?

YES!
Any idea about centre of mass cubic question ?
Reply 73
What did people get for the values of P and Q on the rod (the one with 102N and 68N forces acting on it) I think I got 328N for P and some fraction over 30 for Q, if I remember right it was around 177...N?
Original post by Chollymira
Any idea about centre of mass cubic question ?

Think I proved y = 9a/16 right, got x = 0 and z = 5a/8?
Original post by Jackb1234

Yes i got that too. Could you remember how you did the particle explosion one? I didn't get the same velocities as you. :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 76

Yes I also got this, x=0 is obvious due to the symmetry and y is to be proven so only z could go wrong
Reply 77
That wasn't easier than june09

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/m209ju_jk32.pdf

(47 was an A on that)
Reply 78
YES!

I also got these results...

Overall though I thought it was a pretty tough paper and I've averaged 90% or so in my mocks.... So crossing fingers for lower grade boundaries! I think the max I've dropped is 15 marks.
Reply 79
Original post by clayrocks
Yes i got that too. Could you remember how you did the particle explosion one? I didn't get the same velocities as you. :confused:

You had to do PCLM in both the horizontal and vertical directions to get two equations in v and u and then solve them.

Quick Reply

Latest