The Student Room Group

Have you ever had a feud with a neighbour?

watching Nightmare Neighbour next door and was just wondering how common it was so have you ever not got on with a neighbour for what ever reason?

i wouldnt say i have had one proper one but a few years ago when i was a kid i kept knocking a tennis balls over the fence and they wouldnt give it back and also i remember my mate kicked his football over and they gave it back popped.

Scroll to see replies

Only little arguments, we both have an apple tree so when my brother and I got cheesed off we'd throw apples at them :teehee:
Reply 2
Oh yesss
Yes, in ninth standard. Apparently me and my friends were talking TOO loudly for him to sleep. :P
Have had a few crap neighbours in the past that were rather quarrelsome.

Currently have a dispute with 1 of my neighbours a 75 year old OAP who behaves like a 7.5 year old child. She is upset I fenced up the backyard after telling her either her cat stays off the yard or a fence goes up. She is pissed at me because after I did it a few other neighbours did the same. She is also pissed at us because the insurance company is suing her as one of her trees fell on our car.
Reply 5
Yes. I experienced bad neighbours when I lived with my mum and now while living in my own place too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, my old neighbor had a go at me for playing football in my garden when I was younger. That night, I took a tube of colgate and unleashed hundreds of flecks of toothpaste upon her house.

Amazingly, they're still there today (the flecks, not the neighbors :devil: )
When I was younger I did. He kept spying on me my mates, so one day we were each in our gardens and exchanged insults about who's dad could batter the other one and what not. Anyway, my superior wit clearly won the taunting battle which spurred him to try and climb over the fence to come and get me. Unfortunately for him, he was a fat ****er and as a result struggled to climb the 3 and a half foot fence. Ultimately he fell and broke his arm.

Looking back, maybe I should have put our differences aside and helped the poor boy who was flopping around like a dead fish (on my side of the fence). Instead, I laughed at him and retreated back inside to eat my freshly made turkey dinosaurs.
My parents have feuds with neighbours over dogs barking.
Not as such, but our next door neighbour ended up being a paedophile and got sent to prison lol
Reply 10
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not as such, but our next door neighbour ended up being a paedophile and got sent to prison lol

Omg!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's some very aggressive people on my road who kindof made their own driveway (the council hasn't dipped the pavement but they've made a tiny concrete ramp) and if you park in front of it they go nuts.
Reply 12
Nah but my mum said our neigbour has knocked on our door several times complaining about how loud our house is (I have a 6 yo and 3 yo brother & sister). I feel really bad but there isn't much we can do - they're young kids!
Loads of times.

Remember when I was about 10, a neighbour complained about our dog sniffing at him once, on religious grounds apparently(muslims) and my dad offered to get a pet pig instead if he'd prefer it...:tongue:
Nope! Have always had really nice neighbours :smile:
Reply 15
I smashed one of the greenhouse windows of one of my neighbours with a crab apple. That didnt go down well...
Invited them over for food, but never had a feud with them.
Spent 11 years next door to them putting up with their wild parties and loud sex even when we had two young kids in the house, we'd make the best of the situation and we were never confrontational about anything sometimes we would have to say "could you lower the music please?" especially in the early hours of the morning, which 6/10 they would keep it down but sometimes didn't. This wasn't every night though, I can't exaggerate.

Anyway, they then hit their forties and decide to have a baby and then become very confrontational about the noise of our two dogs (which aren't loud) and had the cheek to be very aggressive to one of our household.

Turns out, the woman who turned on us for no reason was going through post natal depression and has apologized and since eased up. I accepted her apology due to the situation and I just want an easy life, that being said I haven't forgot how miserable she made our household and the worry she put us through about what madness she'd start saying next.
Reply 18
Never had a feud with anyone.
yes! i live in a flat with my parents and brother and this dickhead neighbour followed my brother after he parked his car in the car park then proceeded to walk to my cousins house who lives nearby. He followed my brother in his car until my bro confronted him and he had a go saying that parking was only for residents. He also keeps hassling my bronlaw who parks his car outside when he comes to visit us. do not get what the hell is hisproblem since theres loads of parking spaces.

He also parks his car in the middle of the line taking up 2 bays flipping get so annoyed about this. One day my bro parked his car horizontally taking 2 bays and the guy had the cheek to knock on our door and tell us to move the car. My bro said stop parking like that but he still does it

and finally (though we dont have proof we suspect is him) in our bit in the garden we have put up a washing line. He has cut the washing line 3 times and stolen the pole which supports the line- just yday stole the 2 sticks that agin were supporting the line

oh and he also put a camera where we throw our bins

such a prick

Quick Reply

Latest