The Student Room Group

Higher RMPS Exam Discussion & Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by steven18
did anyone do war & peace there was a question like moral issues arising from war i spoke about the JWT criteria is that right?

How did you feel the exam
Went and what do you hope to get?
Reply 41
I was predicted an A for the subject & did well in the prelim but after finding paper 2 slightly difficult i would be happy with a C and anything higher what about you?
I was predicted an A for the subject & did well in the prelim but after finding paper 2 slightly difficult i would be happy with a C and anything higher what about you?

I would say I'm sitting at a solid B or maybe by luck an Scrape A. What religion did you study
Reply 43
a B would be good :smile: Christianity you?
Buddhism, if I had to rank the 3 topics in order from easiest to hardest , it would be science and belief , buddhism and then crime and punishment
Struggled with Christianity paper so much especially baptism I just wrote about bring dunked under water and it washing away sins will I get marks for this paper 1 was average

I wrote about things like:
- can be full on dunking into the water or just a sprinkle of holy water on their head
- a sort of ritual washing which Christians believe washes away their sins, including those inherited from Adam and Eve
- i then talked a bit about opinions of baby baptisms such as: because the baby is still young it does not show their faith etc however it welcomes them into the Christian community
- many Christians believe that the only way to be saved and go to heaven is by being baptised!
Reply 46
Sounds good I spoke about a couple of those points so hopefully il pick up a few marks
Original post by shirazavraham
I wrote about things like:
- can be full on dunking into the water or just a sprinkle of holy water on their head
- a sort of ritual washing which Christians believe washes away their sins, including those inherited from Adam and Eve
- i then talked a bit about opinions of baby baptisms such as: because the baby is still young it does not show their faith etc however it welcomes them into the Christian community
- many Christians believe that the only way to be saved and go to heaven is by being baptised!

What did you do for paper 1 . Crime?war? Etc
Original post by Adykonvict1
What did you do for paper 1 . Crime?war? Etc

War!
Reply 49
Anyone have a photo or link to the paper????
War!

What did you write for the first question about sacred texts used in religous morality
Reply 51
Is anyone doing Advanced Higher? :smile:
What did you write for the first question about sacred texts used in religous morality

I wrote about how they use Jesus's teachings and how literalist Christians believe that the bible is the word of god and is innerent and therefore it is exactly how god wants them to act, etc!
I wrote about how they use Jesus's teachings and how literalist Christians believe that the bible is the word of god and is innerent and therefore it is exactly how god wants them to act, etc!
ok , I talked about how sacred texts give religous people guidelines in what is right and wrong , something like that . It was a 3KU , but probs only get 1 mark
ok , I talked about how sacred texts give religous people guidelines in what is right and wrong , something like that . It was a 3KU , but probs only get 1 mark

If you analysed and explained a bit I'm sure you'll be able to pick up another mark or two :smile:
If you analysed and explained a bit I'm sure you'll be able to pick up another mark or two :smile:

Also for the last 10 AE question on evaluate these religous responses , what did you talk about. I pretty much criticised the two opposing views I chose in the KU section. I criticised them with modern day problems , cost , miscarriages of justice , I didn't use too much religous info but threw in a quote which appeared contradictory. What did you talk about? ( I know you done a different section , but just asking)
Reply 56
Also for the last 10 AE question on evaluate these religous responses , what did you talk about. I pretty much criticised the two opposing views I chose in the KU section. I criticised them with modern day problems , cost , miscarriages of justice , I didn't use too much religous info but threw in a quote which appeared contradictory. What did you talk about? ( I know you done a different section , but just asking)

It sounds like you did that right, I asked my teacher for crime and she suggested that I should of written how the opposing views were contradictory etc

That was the question that tripped me up a bit! I don't really know whether I answered it correctly or not but I just gave the benefits and weaknesses of each of the religious views! I did war so I spoke about Quakers being against war and all for peace, etc in the previous questions but then explained how their view would mean that there would be no war in the world as they are fully against it! I don't think I answered that question right but hopefully I can pick up a few marks!
That was the question that tripped me up a bit! I don't really know whether I answered it correctly or not but I just gave the benefits and weaknesses of each of the religious views! I did war so I spoke about Quakers being against war and all for peace, etc in the previous questions but then explained how their view would mean that there would be no war in the world as they are fully against it! I don't think I answered that question right but hopefully I can pick up a few marks!

Yh , the only confusion im having is that I criticised the religous responses with modern day moral issues , but I didn't mention a lot of contradiction in terms of that same view. What's confusing me is that when I evaluated the religous responses should I have purely stuck to the religous contradictions or talk about general weaknesses of the religious view. For instance , the view which agrees with the death penalty are Christians take the Old Testament seriously, I criticised it by saying the death penalty is expensive , wrong people are killed , stuff like that.
Yh , the only confusion im having is that I criticised the religous responses with modern day moral issues , but I didn't mention a lot of contradiction in terms of that same view. What's confusing me is that when I evaluated the religous responses should I have purely stuck to the religous contradictions or talk about general weaknesses of the religious view. For instance , the view which agrees with the death penalty are Christians take the Old Testament seriously, I criticised it by saying the death penalty is expensive , wrong people are killed , stuff like that.

That's basically what I did but with war! Fingers crossed that's right!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending