The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyPilot
Don't freak out - its all very gentle to start with! Good luck :smile:

Thank you, I'm just worrying about dumb things like not finding the rooms since I'm so good at getting lost :s-smilie:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Luindes
Thank you, I'm just worrying about dumb things like not finding the rooms since I'm so good at getting lost :s-smilie:

I can relate - have no sense of direction at all! Will you be studying at All Saints or Birley? Are you staying in halls (which one)?

I have been here a year and still haven't found everything - but don't worry about it anymore as I know the basic layout if I have to visit either campus.

Don't worry - everyone is in the same boat. It's the little things that panic you isn't it? :smile:
I can relate - have no sense of direction at all! Will you be studying at All Saints or Birley? Are you staying in halls (which one)?

I have been here a year and still haven't found everything - but don't worry about it anymore as I know the basic layout if I have to visit either campus.

Don't worry - everyone is in the same boat. It's the little things that panic you isn't it? :smile:

Of course it's little things, they just don't feel as little inside my head!

Seems I'm in All Saints, and I'm not in halls unfortunately, living at home.
Original post by Luindes
Of course it's little things, they just don't feel as little inside my head!

Seems I'm in All Saints, and I'm not in halls unfortunately, living at home.

It will be fine - I was terrified before I started last year completely buried my head in the sand and denied it was even happening. Believe me, if I can cope anyone can!

Just try and relax - it will be easier when you actually get started - I promise!

Good luck :smile:
Hi, Is anybody doing early years and childhood studies??

Also, does anybody know of any rooms going in halls? In particular Cambridge for this year?

Thanks
I applied for Software Engineering and Computer Science with a Foundation Year at MMU for entry come September 2016! So excited! Computer Science contains aspects of software development and programming this why I applied. When does MMU typically reply? Can't wait!
Original post by ashaaaal
I applied for Software Engineering and Computer Science with a Foundation Year at MMU for entry come September 2016! So excited! Computer Science contains aspects of software development and programming this why I applied. When does MMU typically reply? Can't wait!

I applied for mathematics with a foundation year, I sent my application off on the 22nd of October and I had my offer on the 6th of November so they don't take too long to reply
Applied for fashion buying and merchandising(foundation) on the 13th of January, finally got an offer today so excited ^^!! Over the moon!!
Hi guys I had my interview about a month ago an got a conditional offer almost instantly, I still had a few questions about the uni and found that this Facebook Group is very good! facebook.com/groups/1205413989473980/
Hopefully see you all in september!!!
Applied back in January, and still haven't heart from MMU :frown:
Is anyone applying to primary education. Please message me as I have questions. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy
So the link you've provided is from 2009; that's SEVEN years ago. The university has improved so, so much since then...

I volunteer for the student room; I have no bias.

Dear,The Student Room (Manager)
please can I volunteer for the student room please I will help a lot of people about the new GCSE's as I am taking the new GCSE's and I have a lot specification of the all the subjects.

Thanks, mayu123
Original post by mayu123
Dear,The Student Room (Manager)
please can I volunteer for the student room please I will help a lot of people about the new GCSE's as I am taking the new GCSE's and I have a lot specification of the all the subjects.

Thanks, mayu123

Hey, if you post in the support team application sub-forum; here, a member of the community team will be able to follow this up for you :smile:
alright thanks so much:smile: I don't where to go after I went to the link:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anybody as unfortunate as me (by living within 25 miles) and looking to go straight in to a house? Pretty much all privates are fully booked and I don't want to be housed with second/final years straight away who are most likely starting to get their heads down!
Have you tried the website Manchester Student Homes to search for a room in private halls?
Original post by jamescordiner123
Is anybody as unfortunate as me (by living within 25 miles) and looking to go straight in to a house? Pretty much all privates are fully booked and I don't want to be housed with second/final years straight away who are most likely starting to get their heads down!
Have you tried the website Manchester Student Homes to search for a room in private halls?

Yeah and pretty much everything is booked, within my budget anyway..
Oh crikey - already? I stayed at Manchester Student Village in my first year and only booked it after results day when MMU messed up my uni halls application. Hope you find somewhere soon.
Yeah and pretty much everything is booked, within my budget anyway..
Oh crikey - already? I stayed at Manchester Student Village in my first year and only booked it after results day when MMU messed up my uni halls application. Hope you find somewhere soon.

Is MSV any good? Just incase anything opens.. thankyou
I thought it was OK but I am not much of a party animal lol. Good location, decent enough rooms and can definitely confirm that the fire alarms work as there were a few idiots who managed to set fire to their kitchens - the fire brigade arrived really fast!! But seriously, yeah I would stay there again if I didn't have a house share (going into my third year in September - wow where has the time gone?). The flats are smaller than some of the uni accommodation (between 3-5 people) and some don't have a shared living room only the kitchen.
Is MSV any good? Just incase anything opens.. thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending