The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lorne
I live in Birmingham

Ohh, guess that makes sense - are you thinking of moving away though or do you want to stay at home?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 281
I applied for the events management (foundation), and have received and unconditional offer and have also been contacted by the university saying that I met the standard to study at degree level and wanted to know if I'd like to be considered.
Original post by Augu5t
I applied for the events management (foundation), and have received and unconditional offer and have also been contacted by the university saying that I met the standard to study at degree level and wanted to know if I'd like to be considered.

Definitely forget the foundation. Waste of time/money unless you really need it to gain access.
Reply 283
Original post by AAgrace
Definitely forget the foundation. Waste of time/money unless you really need it to gain access.

Yeah if I don't have to I'd sooner not do it.
Reply 284
Original post by rturnbull94
Ohh, guess that makes sense - are you thinking of moving away though or do you want to stay at home?

I want to move away but I need to be able to get to Coventry and Cardiff could become very expensive because of this and the travel time is around 3 hours. so Manchester really would suit everything I'm looking for. Fingers crossed.:smile:
I've got an unconditional for Film and Media studies!
Reply 286
Original post by AAgrace
Why can't you live in halls if you are from Manchester? :s-smilie:

On the mmu website it says ;

''MMU gives priority to students with special needs and people living the furthest away from Manchester.

25 Mile Radius - If you are a student that lives within a 25 mile radius of the city, MMU are not able to allocate places in University owned halls of residence. You may still be able to live in Halls, but you may have to consider less popular private halls. ''
Original post by _Rach
On the mmu website it says ;

''MMU gives priority to students with special needs and people living the furthest away from Manchester.

25 Mile Radius - If you are a student that lives within a 25 mile radius of the city, MMU are not able to allocate places in University owned halls of residence. You may still be able to live in Halls, but you may have to consider less popular private halls. ''

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm from Manchester, and the vast majority of my school friends at MMU have done just fine.

That is just a covering-their-backs sentence on the off chance that halls are oversubscribed to completely unprecedented levels.

Nothing is stopping you applying to both MMU and private though, to make sure you get to live somewhere you like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone got an offer for sociology or foundation sociology?
Is anyone else hoping to do events management this September at mmu?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally took the plunge and firmed MMU for Animal Behaviour starting in September. This is it! It feels so final xD I can't wait. I've lived in a small town my entire life so I'm really excited to living in a big city and just England in general. Anyone else doing animal behaviour?
Got an unconditional for Maths this september is anyone going to the visit day on saturday?
:smile:
I have made this MMU Join it as its easier to chat on there - facebook.com/groups/326010177593809/
Original post by z_holland96
I've been offered a place for the same course! Just comfirmed mmu as my firm choice 😚

I have made this MMU Join it as its easier to chat on there - facebook.com/groups/326010177593809/
Original post by hannahO01
Anyone got an offer for sociology or foundation sociology?

Ahhh finally, Ive accepted my offer for philosophy with a humanities foundation year, guessing yours will be a humanities foundation year too??
Business Management at the All Saints Business school campus! Anyone else applying or thinking about this course??
congrats on the offfers yall
I'm got a place for English and American Literature and just been to the Applicant Visit Day last Saturday and it was amazing I am so excited! Is anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by Kaytii_Louise
I'm got a place for English and American Literature and just been to the Applicant Visit Day last Saturday and it was amazing I am so excited! Is anyone else in the same boat?

I've got a place for linguistics and I went to the visit day too, it made me so much for excited for September!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mgutt111
I've got a place for linguistics and I went to the visit day too, it made me so much for excited for September!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kaytii_Louise

I missed the open day because I had to go to New Zealand for a month (still here for another week lol) :frown: What was it like????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending