The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Accounting & Finance I am hoping to study. I heard a bad review from a friend yesterday who said that it can be a rough university? lol I'm still hopeful though.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 21
I'm hoping to study a French and Business joint honours degree! I went to the open day today it was lovely!
Original post by wishesofarose
Accounting & Finance I am hoping to study. I heard a bad review from a friend yesterday who said that it can be a rough university? lol I'm still hopeful though.

i'm from manchester and obviously it has a bit of a rep for being a bit rough but it completely depends on the area which is the same with all places. think maybe it'll just be if you bump into a few of the people from those areas but on the whole dont think it's a rough uni.. never know though i guess. all my friends that go love it and said that everyone is lovely :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by zoezoezoex
I'm applying for Criminology & Sociology, maybe just Sociology aswell

me too is it your first choice uni and what other units are you looking at?
Original post by robynofficer97
i'm from manchester and obviously it has a bit of a rep for being a bit rough but it completely depends on the area which is the same with all places. think maybe it'll just be if you bump into a few of the people from those areas but on the whole dont think it's a rough uni.. never know though i guess. all my friends that go love it and said that everyone is lovely :smile:

Sounds positive, I know where you're coming from. What are you applying to study?
Sounds positive, I know where you're coming from. What are you applying to study?

good :smile: events management! is mmu your first choice?
good :smile: events management! is mmu your first choice?

Where else have you applied to? :smile: I don't know yet... to be honest 'England' in general is my first choice I just want to be anywhere that isn't Northern Ireland!

I've been to the city and loved it though didn't get to see any of the universities... the Arndale etc was good
Where else have you applied to? :smile: I don't know yet... to be honest 'England' in general is my first choice I just want to be anywhere that isn't Northern Ireland!

I've been to the city and loved it though didn't get to see any of the universities... the Arndale etc was good

I've applied for mmu, leeds beckett and university of chester :smile: aw that's fair enough! where else have you applied to?

Aw that's a shame, there is another open day on 29th November. I love the Arndale ahh!! I think Manchester would be so good for uni experience :smile:
I've applied for mmu, leeds beckett and university of chester :smile: aw that's fair enough! where else have you applied to?

Aw that's a shame, there is another open day on 29th November. I love the Arndale ahh!! I think Manchester would be so good for uni experience :smile:

I've applied to Coventry, Derby, Buckinghamshire New University and then MMU... I want to live more down north but Manchester has more going on as a city which leaves me feeling torn about where to choose lol But Manchester is notorious for it's nights out

Have you received any offers yet?
I've applied to Coventry, Derby, Buckinghamshire New University and then MMU... I want to live more down north but Manchester has more going on as a city which leaves me feeling torn about where to choose lol But Manchester is notorious for it's nights out

Have you received any offers yet?

they all sound so good!! ah god that must be such a hard choice. i love manchester city itself, especially for nightlife.

no i havent finished my ucas application yet :frown: you??
I'm thinking about applying here, and studying film and media, but I'm getting mixed reviews about the university itself. I'm so unsure, and I don't think I can be able to make any of the open days. Any advice? Really grateful.
Original post by pinkladyfingers
I'm thinking about applying here, and studying film and media, but I'm getting mixed reviews about the university itself. I'm so unsure, and I don't think I can be able to make any of the open days. Any advice? Really grateful.

I dont go there (yet, hopefully) but I know quite a few people there from freshers to already graduated and they have all told me great things!! apparently the lecturers are very enthusiastic on the most part and they have found it easy to make friends with people being really friendly :smile:
I dont go there (yet, hopefully) but I know quite a few people there from freshers to already graduated and they have all told me great things!! apparently the lecturers are very enthusiastic on the most part and they have found it easy to make friends with people being really friendly :smile:

I heard that it's really rough up there and the teaching isn't all that either tbh. It's so hard because I'm thinking of another uni to put instead of Stirling. I have my four choices though.
Original post by pinkladyfingers
I heard that it's really rough up there and the teaching isn't all that either tbh. It's so hard because I'm thinking of another uni to put instead of Stirling. I have my four choices though.

i'm from Manchester and it honestly depends what part you're in as to whether or not it's rough but you get that everywhere. I wouldn't say that where the uni is, is rough at all but I guess living there all the time it might be different. Ahh i hope you find one to put instead :smile:
i'm from Manchester and it honestly depends what part you're in as to whether or not it's rough but you get that everywhere. I wouldn't say that where the uni is, is rough at all but I guess living there all the time it might be different. Ahh i hope you find one to put instead :smile:

Thanks for that... I was wondering about the whole 'rough' thing as well but I suppose you would have to experience living in the city for a period of time to have an opinion on it.

My referee just needs to accept my request and then it's all go from there. I can't wait to send it off.
Thanks for that... I was wondering about the whole 'rough' thing as well but I suppose you would have to experience living in the city for a period of time to have an opinion on it.

My referee just needs to accept my request and then it's all go from there. I can't wait to send it off.

you're welcome! ahh that's so exciting, same with me!
I've applied to do business management with foundation year at Manchester met but I've never been to an open day as it's roughly 6 hours on several trains and quite costly to travel there. So I have no idea what the city is like, does anyone know what it is like to live there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jesse-May
I've applied to do business management with foundation year at Manchester met but I've never been to an open day as it's roughly 6 hours on several trains and quite costly to travel there. So I have no idea what the city is like, does anyone know what it is like to live there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the city is a really nice place to live, there are some rough areas but on the whole it's nice. the shopping centre is modern but then there's also lots of independent shops. there are lots of places to go out at night with different themes/music genres etc but then there's also lots of things to do like cinema and bowling. I love it in Manchester and find that the students there are really friendly too :smile: oh and there are loooads of buses to get around often!
I am applying for criminology which is located in the cheshire campus but think I will stay in accomodation that is closer to Manchester city centre and just travel bus when I have class. Don't like the thought of been situated away from all the nightlife etc.. Any other cheshire people doing this?
Reply 39
Has anyone received an offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending