The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone Studying Forensic biology Manchester campus??
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Has anyone received an offer for Art yet?
Seriously guys, don't waste your time going to MMU, a degree from that place will definitely work against you when applying for any job above minimum wage...
Original post by WeedCanKill
Seriously guys, don't waste your time going to MMU, a degree from that place will definitely work against you when applying for any job above minimum wage...

How and why are you saying this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by connorfrench96
How and why are you saying this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm typing this and it's just friendly advice, I don't want to see anyone waste three years and £27k on a worthless institution.
Reply 65
I'm applying to do a social science foundation year and then going onto to doing criminology. Is anybody doing anything similar? What are your predicted grades/what offers are you getting? I've not really looked much into the uni but it's one of the only places I can apply because of my grades.
O
Original post by lk_1996
I'm applying to do a social science foundation year and then going onto to doing criminology. Is anybody doing anything similar? What are your predicted grades/what offers are you getting? I've not really looked much into the uni but it's one of the only places I can apply because of my grades.

You should consider if University is really for you then. If MMU is the only one you can get into I'd either retake a year and try harder or get a job straight away.
Reply 67
O

You should consider if University is really for you then. If MMU is the only one you can get into I'd either retake a year and try harder or get a job straight away.

I have other uni options and it certainly won't be my first choice but is it really that bad?!
Original post by lk_1996
I have other uni options and it certainly won't be my first choice but is it really that bad?!

The level of teaching is on par with AS-Levels. Employers don't take MMU seriously and to be honest neither do the students. They just go there because in their mind at least it's a University plus Manchester has this sense of superiority it seems to give all of its students, deservedly or not.
Got my Law offer :smile:
Reply 70
Just wondering how long it took for an offer to come through for you? MMU is my first choice so I'm just nervously waiting. I sent my application off on Sunday and have had 2 offers from other universities but this is the one I want, fingers crossed! Congratulations on your offers!
Reply 71
Original post by lk_1996

I'm applying to do a social science foundation year and then Philosophy after! I did my A Levels last year, didnt concentrate and completely let myself down so my grades weren't good! I went to an open day and I loved it, I think it's great that they give the option of a foundation year :-)
Original post by SteBrazier95
Got my Law offer :smile:

Congratzz!!! Know how you feel....i recently got my Biomedical Science offer :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by ImogenEB
Just wondering how long it took for an offer to come through for you? MMU is my first choice so I'm just nervously waiting. I sent my application off on Sunday and have had 2 offers from other universities but this is the one I want, fingers crossed! Congratulations on your offers!

I sent my ucas application this Tuesday and i heard back from them yesterday:smile: Congratzz on your other two offers though..i've hold heard back from MMU
The level of teaching is on par with AS-Levels. Employers don't take MMU seriously and to be honest neither do the students. They just go there because in their mind at least it's a University plus Manchester has this sense of superiority it seems to give all of its students, deservedly or not.

Really??? I have a friend who is currently studying there and she loves it.
Reply 75
Original post by sehrish_akhtar
I sent my ucas application this Tuesday and i heard back from them yesterday:smile: Congratzz on your other two offers though..i've hold heard back from MMU

Thanks very much!😊 As in you heard from them a day later!? Congrats on your offer, so exciting haha. What is it you're studying?:-)
Original post by connorfrench96
Recieved my offer for Biomedical Sciences with foundation year yesterday evening!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratzz!! I got mine yesterday for the exact same course
Original post by ImogenEB
Thanks very much!������ As in you heard from them a day later!? Congrats on your offer, so exciting haha. What is it you're studying?:-)

Yeahh..i heard from them a day later, quite shocking:smile:
I've applied for Biomedical Science with foundation year :smile:
What about You???
Original post by robynofficer97
do any of you guys that have already written your personal statements have any tips? I'm trying to write mine now but I just end up waffling arghh x

I persoanlly found waffled so much in my first draft then cut down from it after that...ask your tutors they'll help, well they should
Reply 79
That's so good, is it your first choice? Slightly worried I still haven't heard then haha. Wow, smart stuff. I've applied for philosophy with a foundation year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest