The Student Room Group

St. Johns Results day letter

The other day I got a letter telling me the process that I can take if I fall short of my offer and that I might be accepted if the breakdown of my UCAS points etc is close to my offer.
I was just wondering if any other colleges give out these letters or if anyone who experienced falling short of grades were successful at this stage in keeping their place?
Reply 1
Original post by jenthorpee95
The other day I got a letter telling me the process that I can take if I fall short of my offer and that I might be accepted if the breakdown of my UCAS points etc is close to my offer.
I was just wondering if any other colleges give out these letters or if anyone who experienced falling short of grades were successful at this stage in keeping their place?

Apart from Maths where many people miss their offer something like 95% achieve A*AA. (The average is clear of 2.5A*) More miss their IB offers.

About 2-3% get in having narrowly missed their offer. Some will have had extenuating circumstances such as illness or bereavement. A few had unusually challenging offers. It does depend entirely how many others in your subject and college have missed their offer and your file goes into the summer pool where all the narrow misses are compared. I know people who missed getting in despite having only lost one UMS. It helps if you come from an under-represented/disadvantaged school or postcode/social class or ethnic type.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending