The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
I have a life I just handle stress poorly and then perpetrate the TRUTH that people are laughing at me because for being weak cowardly pathetic and spineless losing sleep over finals etc.

You think your having a tough time? I've spent the last two weeks dealing with the attempted suicides of two of my closest friends and a bunch of ****ty student politics that have resulted in someone getting arrested. I have had to be on call 24/7 and am utterly exhausted. Oh, and I have finals too to deal with...

If people are laughing at you, it's their problem, not yours. Ignore them, suck it up and get on with it. Life is too short to require other peoples validation for everything. Be your own person - not someone elses.
Reply 41
Original post by Charlzi
I think your problem is going to be general trust issues. No way I'd wanna date someone who thinks I am going to cheat. Its not the way to treat anyone, making them feel guilty about something they havn't even done/might never even consider doing

What can I do? My mum had intentions to cheat on my dad-I was told YESTERDAY but wondered it for a year or do after they split. Combined with me finding a lot of manospheric articles in the middle of an episode of paranoia and before I know it her besy guy friend os the new guy in my head
Reply 42
Original post by natninja
You think your having a tough time? I've spent the last two weeks dealing with the attempted suicides of two of my closest friends and a bunch of ****ty student politics that have resulted in someone getting arrested. I have had to be on call 24/7 and am utterly exhausted. Oh, and I have finals too to deal with...

If people are laughing at you, it's their problem, not yours. Ignore them, suck it up and get on with it. Life is too short to require other peoples validation for everything. Be your own person - not someone elses.

I'm sorry to hear that man :-/
Actually I am judging myself as being weak for losing sleep over finals which should be easy. It just isn't because my adrenals are on overload (read:emotionally weak) I fon't think I have tons to deal with.
I hope you get to claim extenuating circumstances dude, the uni will be sympathetic.
Original post by Riku
What can I do? My mum had intentions to cheat on my dad-I was told YESTERDAY but wondered it for a year or do after they split. Combined with me finding a lot of manospheric articles in the middle of an episode of paranoia and before I know it her besy guy friend os the new guy in my head

You can realise that just because your mum and dad's relationship didn't work out, doesn't mean that every other relationship is doomed to fail.
Be your own person, rather than what you think society/your parents want you to be.
Original post by natninja

Is your friend called Ben Sullivan by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by ChickenMadness
Not his fault society has conditioned him to think that way.

It's also true anyway, men will get called cowards, not a real man, acts like a girl etc. by women if they deviate too far from the stereotype. Have heard it a lot from my female friends complaining about boyfriends etc. Mother has said stuff like that to my Dad before as well.

Original post by Jophesxi
You seem to have a very warped view of the world and you can't just keep making such sweeping statements

Original post by Plumstone
Please ignore my previous posts.

I've just read through the rest of the thread: clearly you are either deliberately winding us all up or you are genuinely beyond all reasonable argument.

Original post by ChickenMadness
Not his fault society has conditioned him to think that way.

It's also true anyway, men will get called cowards, not a real man, acts like a girl etc. by women if they deviate too far from the stereotype. Have heard it a lot from my female friends complaining about boyfriends etc. Mother has said stuff like that to my Dad before as well.

Doesn't ChickenMadness have a point?
Reply 46
Original post by Charlzi
Thinking woman are only into macho men kinda makes them seem shallow and driven only by their biology. Which I personally find offensive. He also mentions that if a man shows their "human side" a woman will cheat, which is also pretty offensive to a woman.

It's not biology, it's social conditioning. Men
'S social value thus atttaction is primarily determined by ability to cope under pressure
Bruv, stop making threads man, it's unhealthy for you!
Original post by Riku
It's not biology, it's social conditioning. Men
'S social value thus atttaction is primarily determined by ability to cope under pressure

The majority of men in adds, movies and tv shows are not macho men. They often show signs of insecurity and are not the typical prince charming. Celebrities are often also more metro-sexual now, than they ever have been before, with many famously-attractive males being far from the macho stereotype. So I dont know why you think women are conditioned to want macho men. The only argument could be that evolutionary they might look for suitable mates to protect them, but that is no longer something that is desired by many women
Original post by MidnightDream
It depends I quite like giving advice and helping people out (and I'm quite awesome at it if I do say so myself :u:) a real man doesn't mean you have to do everything on your own, a real man would know when he does need help and would ask :smile: That said if he really is 100% dependent and can't do anything on his own I would lose interest but then that's pretty much my attitude to anyone to be honest :smile:

this exactly :yes:
No, especially in this day and age. So let your insecurities subside for a few hours and until you make a thread about something else you're insecure out.
Reply 51
Original post by jamboogy
Bruv, stop making threads man, it's unhealthy for you!

Mmkay I'll shut up soon :-o
Original post by colourpurple
Is your friend called Ben Sullivan by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be literally illegal for me to say. But I have had dealings with a certain society at a certain university and have a certain dislike for a certain person with certain allegations against him.
Original post by Riku
I'm sorry to hear that man :-/
Actually I am judging myself as being weak for losing sleep over finals which should be easy. It just isn't because my adrenals are on overload (read:emotionally weak) I fon't think I have tons to deal with.
I hope you get to claim extenuating circumstances dude, the uni will be sympathetic.

I think finals are soemthing where you can justify losing sleep over :smile:

Extenuating circumstances? Don't joke XD
Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?
Original post by (Ari)
If I was a mod I'd ban you just to help you out.

I think Dali did that to me once :moon:
Original post by Plumstone
No. I like it when my boyfriend comes to me for advice or wants my help; it shows me that he values my opinion and that he needs me. What's the point of him being with me if he wants to just do everything by himself?

:ditto: :congrats:
Reply 57
Original post by Riku
He exhibits any sign of lacking 100% independence? For example, when he comes to you for help with a problem, or confides a feeling?
I mean real men handle anything solo right?

Shut up and get off the internet. I'm embarrassed for you.
Original post by (Ari)
You really need to stop making these kinds of threads and go and get yourself a life. If I was a mod I'd ban you just to help you out. I don't think there's anyone more pathetic on TSR :sigh:

If anyone here thinks Riku is pathetic...a new word will be created in the dictionary specifically to describe certain individuals in this forum who are far worse. :lol:
Original post by Riku
He exhibits any sign of lacking 100% independence? For example, when he comes to you for help with a problem, or confides a feeling?
I mean real men handle anything solo right?

No, a bit of vulnerability is good :smile: My ex never confided in me or showed any emotion which was really off- putting.

Definitely confide if you want advice or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending