The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B3 Questions.

Hi guys,

I am currently learning the content for AQA B3, and have gone through all the available past papers (only 2013 and specimen available), so I would appreciate it if anyone could post some challenging questions based on the information in this unit. I am looking for stuff that is based on application of knowledge rather than simple recall, and these type of questions seem very elusive outside of past exams :tongue:

Thanks for helping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you scroll down on the AQA website GCSE biology page you can access the papers of the older specification. They're pretty similar. Some of the questions may not be on the course but they're extra practice and all help
HI,

I guess I could do some questions for you the post the answers when you have done them if you want?

If so read on....

Question 1 : Mycroprotein

Why is the mixture in the fermenter not stirred? (( what structure would it break)

Question 2: What is the transpiration stream ?

Question 3:

Why are istonic sports drinks good if you have been doing a lot of exercise?

Question 4:

In osmosis water passes through a....... ( finish the sentence )

Question 5: Biogas generators

Why are fixed dome biogas generators a good idea in warm places such as India?

Question 6:

What is an advantage of a floating drum Biogas generator over a fixed drum Biogas generator?

If you want more questions just reply to my post
Reply 3
Original post by Billsonbubbles
HI,

I guess I could do some questions for you the post the answers when you have done them if you want?

If so read on....

Question 1 : Mycroprotein

Why is the mixture in the fermenter not stirred? (( what structure would it break)

Question 2: What is the transpiration stream ?

Question 3:

Why are istonic sports drinks good if you have been doing a lot of exercise?

Question 4:

In osmosis water passes through a....... ( finish the sentence )

Question 5: Biogas generators

Why are fixed dome biogas generators a good idea in warm places such as India?

Question 6:

What is an advantage of a floating drum Biogas generator over a fixed drum Biogas generator?

If you want more questions just reply to my post

Thanks for helping :smile:

1. I'm not sure, AFAIK it is stirred isn't it?

2. The flow of water through the xylem into the leaves where it evaporates into the air.

3. They are isotonic, so they slowly release sugars and ioms into the body over a long period of time as the concentration in the blood decreases, which is better for long exercise :smile:

4. Partially permeable membrane?

5. I don't think we've covered this in too much detail, but is it because they can be stored underground which insulates them and creates a better temperature for the enzymes to work at, increasing the rate of biogas production?

6. Yet again, no idea, I don't think this is in AQA spec unfortunately :frown:

Thanks for helping though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClaraOswald

1. I'm not sure, AFAIK it is stirred isn't it? NOT STIRRED AS IT WOULD BREAK UP THE FUNGUS

2. The flow of water through the xylem into the leaves where it evaporates into the air. CORRECT

3. They are isotonic, so they slowly release sugars and ioms into the body over a long period of time as the concentration in the blood decreases, which is better for long exercise :smile: CORRECT AND SAME CONCENTRATION AS YOUR BODY WAS BEFORE EXCERCISE

4. Partially permeable membrane? YEP :biggrin:

5. I don't think we've covered this in too much detail, but is it because they can be stored underground which insulates them and creates a better temperature for the enzymes to work at, increasing the rate of biogas production? YES IT SO THAT THEY DO NOT GET DENATURED

6. Yet again, no idea, I don't think this is in AQA spec unfortunately :frown: IT IS AN AQA SPEC, SORRY YOU MAY NOT HAVE DONE THIS YET BUT THANKS FOR ANSWERING TBH I DID NOT THINK YOU WOULD RESPOND XD

Thanks for helping though :smile: NO PROBLEM :eek:

THANKS I have corrected your answers
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Billsonbubbles;47481667"]
Original post by ClaraOswald

1. I'm not sure, AFAIK it is stirred isn't it? NOT STIRRED AS IT WOULD BREAK UP THE FUNGUS

2. The flow of water through the xylem into the leaves where it evaporates into the air. CORRECT

3. They are isotonic, so they slowly release sugars and ioms into the body over a long period of time as the concentration in the blood decreases, which is better for long exercise :smile: CORRECT AND SAME CONCENTRATION AS YOUR BODY WAS BEFORE EXCERCISE

4. Partially permeable membrane? YEP :biggrin:

5. I don't think we've covered this in too much detail, but is it because they can be stored underground which insulates them and creates a better temperature for the enzymes to work at, increasing the rate of biogas production? YES IT SO THAT THEY DO NOT GET DENATURED

6. Yet again, no idea, I don't think this is in AQA spec unfortunately :frown: IT IS AN AQA SPEC, SORRY YOU MAY NOT HAVE DONE THIS YET BUT THANKS FOR ANSWERING TBH I DID NOT THINK YOU WOULD RESPOND XD

Thanks for helping though :smile: NO PROBLEM :eek:

THANKS I have corrected your answers

Thanks a lot for your help, at least I know what topics to go over now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending