The Student Room Group

Sprained wrist. Extra time?

Hello,

I'm about to embark on the first of my AS exams and I've sprained my wrist. It takes a bit longer to write with and seeing as I only just manage to finish exams in time, I worry this will be a problem. Am I eligible for extra time? I don't want to use a processor if that's the alternative.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Civil Dispute
Hello,

I'm about to embark on the first of my AS exams and I've sprained my wrist. It takes a bit longer to write with and seeing as I only just manage to finish exams in time, I worry this will be a problem. Am I eligible for extra time? I don't want to use a processor if that's the alternative.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to ask your teachers as different schools will have different policies and they may need to get in touch with the exam board.

I broke three fingers in my second year of uni which meant writing took a while and using a computer was impractical for an organic chemistry exam. When i explained to my head of year they arranged for me to have an extra 15 minutes for every hour the exam took (which meant i got 4 hours for a 3 hour exam) and also for me to take the exam in a separate room with one invigilator so that i wasn't disturbed by other students leaving.
Reply 2
My friend damaged her wrist and she got to do the exam on the computer, so I'd ask what's available to you if I were you.
Original post by ChelseaYvonne
You need to ask your teachers as different schools will have different policies and they may need to get in touch with the exam board.

I broke three fingers in my second year of uni which meant writing took a while and using a computer was impractical for an organic chemistry exam. When i explained to my head of year they arranged for me to have an extra 15 minutes for every hour the exam took (which meant i got 4 hours for a 3 hour exam) and also for me to take the exam in a separate room with one invigilator so that i wasn't disturbed by other students leaving.

Okay, thank you! I haven't been to the doctors about it yet because there's so little time for breaks. Would I need to provide a doctor's note first? If so then I'd have to go in the next couple of days.
Original post by Civil Dispute
Okay, thank you! I haven't been to the doctors about it yet because there's so little time for breaks. Would I need to provide a doctor's note first? If so then I'd have to go in the next couple of days.

I had to provide a doctors note, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest