The Student Room Group

Distance Learning - Law Degree/LLB - Recommendations

Hi,

I am a mature student looking into the possibility of doing an Law Degree / LLB around my current job

I feel that distance learning would be the most suitable option, as it would allow me the ability to fit the study into my spare time.

Have looked at both Open University and BPP so far, both of whom seem to have reasonable offerings

Has anyone any recommendations as to the above and other learning providers/unis that offer this type of study method?

Many thanks
Original post by gmgohara
Hi,

I am a mature student looking into the possibility of doing an Law Degree / LLB around my current job

I feel that distance learning would be the most suitable option, as it would allow me the ability to fit the study into my spare time.

Have looked at both Open University and BPP so far, both of whom seem to have reasonable offerings

Has anyone any recommendations as to the above and other learning providers/unis that offer this type of study method?

Many thanks

Hi gmgohara,

It's great to see that you're looking to study your LLB with us. I know you've had a look at our course but are there any questions that you have around the course?

Let us know as we're happy to help :smile:

Thanks
Tom
Hi gmgohara,

Saw your post - we think the most important thing is to choose the provider that's right for you. In the meantime, here's some information on our part-time law degree that may help:

Our part-time law degree is available to study at our London Bloomsbury and Birmingham centres and combines two days a week evening attendance with online webinars at the weekend, which are recorded and can be viewed at any time find out more.

The course is designed to give you the best possible start to your career in the world of law and business, and you'll learn the law in a practical, professional context. Our tutors have unrivalled experience of training students for legal careers, and you will benefit from direct, face-to-face access with practising lawyers - find out more

Let us know if we can help with any queries about our part-time law degree by contacting our admissions team on 0800 289 997 or email us.

Hope this helps!
I am a mature student too.

My advice is to look around and ask lots of questions.

There are several different methods of delivery. Some providers leave you to get on with it and provide very little, if any, formal contact. Others hold bi-monthly workshops that you can attend if you want.

I won't politicise your thread by making personal comments on the providers I have encountered so far, but I would check out satisfaction ratings from students as this should be a good indicator.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending