The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd give it another day or 2 - it's quite normal not to get your period until a couple of days after your last pill, though it should come soon.

If the pains get too bad, or your period still doesn't come after a few days, you should probably see a GP/nurse just to be safe but otherwise, it sounds pretty normal...
Reply 2
I usually take my last pill on the Monday and get my period on the Friday. My first few when I started taking the pill were a bit painful so this could be what the pains are.
Hey, when i went on the 7 day break it took a few days for my period to come and i also got pains as well, think it's cos we're new to the type of pill we are on so i wldnt worry about it. If for some reason your period doesnt come, it may be worth going back to your GP, but I'm sure that it'll come, just wait a couple more days!
Reply 4
I always get my period 2 days before my next pill is due, then bleed for a day or so into the next pack, then the cycle starts again. I've been on the pill (Femodene) for 2yrs now and still get mild pains
Reply 5
I heard you will get pains for first couple of months still. I went to the doctor today and using the pill as a last resort to my period pains so fingers crossed it helps me. I get so bad I can't do anything even in daily routines such as feeding dogs :eek:
Reply 6
I was the same before foxiroxi - often couldn't even get out of bed cos I felt like I was in labour! Things have been mostly sorted by going on the pill though
Reply 7
Glad to hear it worked for you babynessontoast. Hopefully it will work for me too. I didn't really want to go on the pill as i don't like playing with hormones but I will do anything to stop the pain. It's one thing I can't cope with...
I've been on the Pill for about 8 months and my period normally comes a maximum of 3 days after finishing my pace but this month it has been 5 days and still nothing...but I have had slight period pains so im really confused about whats going on...is this normal or what?
Reply 9
I take my last pill on a wednesday, get my period on a Sunday. Get period pains and pains like them from friday till monday but then they stop.

Latest