The Student Room Group

keeping my mum off the phone

Right so my mum is drunk most of the time and we have 3 phones in the house, one in the kitchen one in the study and one in her room.

Last night i took the one out from her room cos all she does is call people and really piss them off . BIG TIME! Would you like a drunk person talking crap down your phone? (and for some reason it messes up the net)

But this morning she came into the study and took this one into her room. Right now i think i have to take all the phones out of the house because its just getting ridiculous now. but if i do that there will be ww3 cos 'she pays the bills' which she doesnt my dad does, and she will make it so much hassle cos she cant piss off other people and spend her day talking to people and has NOTHING to do with her day.

Anyone got any ideas how to keep her off the phone or a good way to get the phones out of the house without her noticing and me losing my life?

Scroll to see replies

disconnect them maybe>?
Reply 2
pull the plugs outta the wall - if they're cordless then just unplug them at the mains. or maybe talk to your dad about how worried you are about your mums drinking....?!?!
Reply 3
chop the wires

more importantly, consult the quit drinking hotline. ur mum seems to have serious issues (no offense :redface:)
Reply 4
take away her alcohol?
Reply 5
anjurdsg
chop the wires

more importantly, consult the quit drinking hotline. ur mum seems to have serious issues (no offense :redface:)

lol nah none taken, i know she does
laurah
take away her alcohol?

yes because its that easy:rolleyes: take it away she just goes out and buys more
hide her wallet
Reply 7
hide her ATM card and her chequebooks

(^ much smarter carl :p:)
Reply 8
just put no out going calls thingy on your phone if you can
Reply 9
vincent
just put no out going calls thingy on your phone if you can

Ooo thats a good idea!
She's an adult and hard as it may sound, she has a right to make drunken phone calls on her phone if she wants to. I realise that you're trying to look out for her but she is an adult and can't have her hand held by her own daughter. Have you confided in a teacher or other adult about what's going on at home reference the drinking?
Reply 11
hide the phones, so you can still use them incase of an emergancy or something

and talk to her, when she hasnt had a drink
not so sure the phone is an issue it's the drink here, must be a drink helpline you can call
find something constructive to help keep her busy?
I really think she needs professional help, being an alcoholic is so dangerous and can have major effects on the rest of the family....can you talk to someone and ask for help? Wont your dad help?
Reply 15
well apparently shes getting 'help' which is her talking to someone for an hour once a week for 6 weeks so she doesnt loose her job. like thats going to make a diffrence!
it will if she sticks to it and listens
Reply 17
most importantly i think you need your dad to help you out on this one. it will be more of a realisation if she has someone she really loves like her husband and child telling her they think she might have a problem. also let her make one of the calls and either you or that person she called should tell her what she said last night and that might shock her if she doesnt actually remember because she was that drunk
Has she tried joining alcoholics anonymous gg?
Reply 19
if you want to be really geeky n really sneaky, go and buy a twin phone adaptor, or look if you got an old one in the house, or an old modem connector with phone socket built on, then take it apart, cut the wires or just discconect them. and then plug it in to the socket when your landline enters your house, and then plug the phones into that, it will stop all outgoinga and incoming calls, alternatively just put this in one room or just dicconect on side of it, so atleast you could still plug in your internet!

Latest

Trending

Trending