The Student Room Group

Having lots of trouble with Student Finance! Please give advice!

Ok, so.

I left the second year of my course very early on because I had to go home and look after my parents who are both disabled and needed full time care.

I had a very long conversation with my course head about it so he could fully document the reasons I was leaving for.

Fast forward five years, i'm finally able to go back to university and student finance inform me they can only fund years 2 and 3 but NOT year 1 of the course I want unless I have a compelling reason of departure.

I ask my old university to send it over and they do. The problem is my course head, who no longer works for the Uni literally wrote "Left for person reasons."

This is a problem, there's no evidence of WHY i left in that statement. The uni won't budge on adding additional information that they can't prove and student finance will take nothing less than that information that my uni will not give.

Any help would be great. I've spent hours on the phone to my old uni and Student finance. Neither will budge and i'm being punished for my old course head's negligence.

Please help!
Moved to the appropriate forum :smile:
Is there any chance you can jump in at second year? I know not all unis will allow that, but some will...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending