The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French Unit 3 June 19th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
I got a C on the unit 3 paper (93 marks) which I'd expected and an A in the speaking which I did not! I got a B overall and have been accepted to my firm to study English and French. Hope everyone's pleased with their results - the grade boundaries were ridiculously harsh for languages this year I thought.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bananaminion
I'm really confused with my French result, I got a C overall but I got a d (78/140) in Unit 3; the d in my oral I expected as I messed that up, but I came out of French Unit 3 so so so happy, I thought my writing went pretty well and from the mark schemes that were compiled I was feeling really confident of a high B, possibly even an A. I feel a bit screwed over tbh, gonna speak to my teacher about getting a remark -
Anyone else's results unexpected?

Hey! I'm in the same position as you, I also got a D in unit 3 (78/140 just like you, to be precise! how strange haha) when I I thought that the paper went really well. I felt as if I couldn't have asked for a better essay question, and I also thought the rest of the paper was fine too. Are you getting a remark?
Reply 542
I got 60/60 in the speaking exam but 109/140 in the written exam.. 109 seems to be what many students have got.. very strange.. and i thought this exam went well..
Original post by s.v
I got 60/60 in the speaking exam but 109/140 in the written exam.. 109 seems to be what many students have got.. very strange.. and i thought this exam went well..

I got 109 too!

Was averaging 100/110 raw marks on practice papers, so gutted I messed up so much :'(
Raw marks, I got:
1) 97/110 (136 UMS)
2) 43/50 (48 UMS)
3) 95/110 (116 UMS)
4) 43/50 (48 UMS)

So so happy with them results! :smile:
I was on 219 UMS last week on results day, meaning I had the highest B possible, I remarked my speaking and it went up one UMS! Putting me now on what can only be described as literally scraping an A! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by petitecherie
Hey! I'm in the same position as you, I also got a D in unit 3 (78/140 just like you, to be precise! how strange haha) when I I thought that the paper went really well. I felt as if I couldn't have asked for a better essay question, and I also thought the rest of the paper was fine too. Are you getting a remark?

Exactly the same with me, my essay went better than any mock I'd ever done! What was your predicted grade/ your own expected one if you don't mind? And yeah, I emailed my teacher who said she was really surprised at the d and to go for the remark. Tbh if it doesn't go up substantially (by at least 20 UMS) I'll think they've literally skipped something, but I'd settle for a C on this paper.
Exactly the same with me, my essay went better than any mock I'd ever done! What was your predicted grade/ your own expected one if you don't mind? And yeah, I emailed my teacher who said she was really surprised at the d and to go for the remark. Tbh if it doesn't go up substantially (by at least 20 UMS) I'll think they've literally skipped something, but I'd settle for a C on this paper.

I am feeling the exact same as this. I actually got a C in the paper but when I convert the raw mark I got into a percentage, it works out as 80% which in any normal exam would be an A?? So how they worked out these outrageous grade boundaries I will never know😱
Original post by luciamul
I am feeling the exact same as this. I actually got a C in the paper but when I convert the raw mark I got into a percentage, it works out as 80% which in any normal exam would be an A?? So how they worked out these outrageous grade boundaries I will never know������

I know, when I saw the grade boundaries the day before results day I honestly felt sick, it's literally the mark you needed to scrape an A last year would scrape a B this year, etc, and the paper was no way that much easier than any previous :s-smilie: Even my little d would've usually been a mid-C.
I know, when I saw the grade boundaries the day before results day I honestly felt sick, it's literally the mark you needed to scrape an A last year would scrape a B this year, etc, and the paper was no way that much easier than any previous :s-smilie: Even my little d would've usually been a mid-C.

It definitely was no easier than last years Lol. But even for my speaking, for ours its your teacher that records it and she assured me mine was a good A. And in the end up I only got a C in it.. The boundaries all round were crazy
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had the A2 June 2014 French Unit 3 Past paper for revision. I've exhausted the rest!
Thank you!
can someone please send me a link of the AQA A2 FRENCH 2010 MARK SCHEME i need it urgently x
Original post by bethieboop
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had the A2 June 2014 French Unit 3 Past paper for revision. I've exhausted the rest!
Thank you!

Did you ever find it by any chance? I am looking for all of the French papers in 2014 (AS & A2) as I'm doing French fast tracked :smile:
Original post by SarahLeanne
Did you ever find it by any chance? I am looking for all of the French papers in 2014 (AS & A2) as I'm doing French fast tracked :smile:

You won't be able to get it unless you ask your teacher for the paper, as they lock the paper until after the next exam season, because they use the previous years paper for mock exams!
Hello,
Does anyone know if there has been a Forum set up for the French Oral Exam AQA A2 (12th) May 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply