The Student Room Group

Why are left handed people so stuck up ?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else noticed that left handed girls are generally better at physical sciences and maths than right handed ones? Or to be more accurate; girls who are good at these things tend to be left handed more often than the general population.
I've not done a full survey, but I noticed that left handed girls were seriously over-represented in my undergraduate physics cohort. Given that about 10% of people are lefties there should have been one or at a push two left handed girls in the cohort. I ended up living with three and know of at least a couple more.
Original post by john0101
They think they're more intelligent than everyone else because they use their other hand and they're always playing the victim card because the world is designed for right handed people and they have to adapt their lifestyle because of it.

You get the odd left hander that's down to earth, but the vast, vast majority of them seem to think they're better than us. Maybe it's envy or bitterness, whatever it is it's very suspicious

I don't like left handed people

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you will find that left handed people arent stuck up.
Im left handed myself and im not stuck up.
I know quite a few other left handed people and they arent stuck up either.
They think they're more intelligent than everyone else because they use their other hand and they're always playing the victim card because the world is designed for right handed people and they have to adapt their lifestyle because of it.

You get the odd left hander that's down to earth, but the vast, vast majority of them seem to think they're better than us. Maybe it's envy or bitterness, whatever it is it's very suspicious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are u still here? You said you were leaving a few days ago!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
i reckon we should put all left-handers in education camps
I can pretty much assure you that not all lefties are arrogant, stuck up individuals. Being a lefty is something special because most people in the world are born right handed.

I, being left handed, am certainly not stuck up. I live to learn from others and help other people out of kindness, that makes me very happy - perhaps you've been exposed to many lefties that are very arrogant?

Please realise that although left handed people may have various advantages over right handed people, they also have downsides such as the hardship of writing and then getting smudges everywhere, writing in a ring binder or a folder, having to find a pair of scissors etc. etc. (I could on). Everything from writing to cutting is so much easier for right handed people because most of the world is right handed, it's become a norm to shape all things around the majority!
Original post by karmacrunch
Why are u still here? You said you were leaving a few days ago!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He came back

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2670897

And OP, its because we're superior to right-handed people :dontknow:
They think they're more intelligent than everyone else because.................

....we are! :smug:

You get the odd left hander that's down to earth

That's not true. All lefties, 100% of us, look down on right handed people.

but the vast, vast majority of them seem to think they're better than us.

because we're the greatest.....in the world....

[video="youtube;0SyVg97mMGc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SyVg97mMGc[/video]

Maybe it's envy or bitterness, whatever it is it's very suspicious

There's no maybe about it. You definitely are jelly.

Say that again and I'll deliver a left hand karate chop of pure speed and power! :cool:
Reply 27
I don't like them either. Why on earth would anyone choose their left hand over their right? Clearly they're just trying to be unusual, edgy and quirky. It's not working. It's just downright deviant, that's what it is.
I'm ambidextrous. U MAD

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe it's because we've been accused of being demonic for hundreds of years...
I'm left handed and I am definitely not like this. Haven't really met people that are either.
really, theyre are probs equal number of stuck up left and right
Reply 32
Me lefty & I have no idea what you mean sir :closedeyes: I never complain about being left handed. The only time I find myself having to adjust is when I'm eating with an intimate other who is a righty and I don't want us to bump elbows literally, so I flirtatiously whine to get us to swap seats & of course he complies & thinks nothing of it. That was before I realized I need to make sure I sit with my left hand on the outside, not at his right. :laugh:
Reply 33
Original post by Lovinlife2

Please realise that although left handed people may have various advantages over right handed people, they also have downsides such as the hardship of writing and then getting smudges everywhere, writing in a ring binder or a folder, having to find a pair of scissors etc. etc. (I could on). Everything from writing to cutting is so much easier for right handed people because most of the world is right handed, it's become a norm to shape all things around the majority!

All hail the crabclaw!

100_6982.jpg
Reply 34
Also, if I ever feel smarter than someone, it has nothing to do with what hand we write with? :mute: That's just silly :giggle:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
All hail the crabclaw!

100_6982.jpg

Hahaha exactly!! I write JUST like you and people always say "why do you write so weirdly?" :colondollar:
Original post by Maid Marian
:awesome: :hugs: Snuggles!!!!!! :h:

Get a room!
Reply 37
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
All hail the crabclaw! 100_6982.jpg

I never do that!? I just shift my paper askew and then write. The hand is officially uncrabbed. :yep:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Get a room!

:eyebrow:
Original post by Maid Marian
:eyebrow:

You not amused?

Quick Reply

Latest