The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Uni Firmers 2014/15

People were wanting to start a new thread for 14/15 firmers so I've started one here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'll say hello to everyone then. Good luck with your exams.

I've applied to do Accounting & Finance. Need AAA. Wasn't many options left for accommodation so I only applied for Eastwood and Westwood. Planning on joining the gym too, and getting a part-time job.

Uni of Manchester is my insurance.

Currently taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths (Retake) and Further Maths AS (no idea why)

P.S. My birthday's on Sept 24th so party round mine
(edited 9 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Hi y'all! I'm a current student studying Politics with Economics - I lived in Norwood in my first year and I'm doing a study year abroad in Germany next year.
Original post by Jordanap
I'll say hello to everyone then. Good luck with your exams.

I've applied to do Accounting & Finance. Need AAA. Wasn't many options left for accommodation so I only applied for Eastwood and Westwood. Planning on joining the gym too, and getting a part-time job.

Uni of Manchester is my insurance.

Currently taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths (Retake) and Further Maths AS (no idea why)

P.S. My birthday's on Sept 24th so party round mine

I've applied for A+F as well. Exactly the same situation as you in terms of accommodation so i picked westwood.You feeling confident you'll get the AAA?
Original post by theformula
I've applied for A+F as well. Exactly the same situation as you in terms of accommodation so i picked westwood.You feeling confident you'll get the AAA?

About 50/50 atm. I think I'll get atleast 2 A's but all 3 is gonna be tricky. I can do it though. What about you?
Reply 5
I've applied for sociology and have put down the Quads for my accommodation.
About 50/50 atm. I think I'll get atleast 2 A's but all 3 is gonna be tricky. I can do it though. What about you?

Kind of the same with me. Hopefully i get at least two A's, not sure about the 3rd one though. Although I was wondering whether grades might go down this year since it's the first year where we've had no January exams and so i'm hoping uni's will be more lenient. But then again, I suppose the grade boundaries will take into account how people do....
Original post by KathyG6

Are you confident of getting in? How come you decided to go for catered accomodation, out of interest?
Original post by theformula
Kind of the same with me. Hopefully i get at least two A's, not sure about the 3rd one though. Although I was wondering whether grades might go down this year since it's the first year where we've had no January exams and so i'm hoping uni's will be more lenient. But then again, I suppose the grade boundaries will take into account how people do....

I was thinking the grade boundaries might go down, but everyone seems to have started revising earlier than last year so may be more prepared. I've started a lot earlier this year but I think I've got the same number of exams (9) so I'm hoping I'm better prepared than last year
Reply 9
Original post by KathyG6

Applied for Social Sciences and picked the quads as well! What sociology course are you taking?
:biggrin:
Reply 10
I went to Bath for an open day and the quads were still under construction. Anyone know the actual difference between the quads and Marlborough court?
Starting to regret choosing the quads over Marlborough court
Reply 11
Hi All,

I've firmed Bath to do Mechanical Engineering (MEng with Placement - 5Yrs) A*AA.

I've applied to Marl/Sols (then Westwood/Norwood) for accommodation.

My Insurance is Southampton.

I'm currently doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

By the way, has anyone found the official Freshers Facebook group yet?
Reply 12
Original post by Gaia96
Applied for Social Sciences and picked the quads as well! What sociology course are you taking?
:biggrin:

Woo! Just straight sociology, you?
Reply 13
Are you confident of getting in? How come you decided to go for catered accomodation, out of interest?

Urm, I'm not too sure. Just have to see how it goes aha. I wanted an en-suite and it was the only available option left.
Hey :smile:

I have firmed: MPharm (Pharmacy), Conditions: AAB

I have not applied for accommodation, as I have not recieved any info from bath as to how I would carry this out.

My insurance is Reading University.

I study: Biology, Chemistry, Classics, Environmental Studies.
Original post by KathyG6
Urm, I'm not too sure. Just have to see how it goes aha. I wanted an en-suite and it was the only available option left.

Was there any options for city campus en-suite?
Reply 16
Original post by propagation
Was there any options for city campus en-suite?

I'm not too sure sorry, I completely disregarded the city campus.
Reply 17
Original post by propagation
Hey :smile:

I have firmed: MPharm (Pharmacy), Conditions: AAB

I have not applied for accommodation, as I have not recieved any info from bath as to how I would carry this out.

My insurance is Reading University.

I study: Biology, Chemistry, Classics, Environmental Studies.

To apply for accommodation you need to register and they send you something within an hour, have you done all of this on the page http://www.bath.ac.uk/ug-applicants/living/accommodation/apply/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kdufo12
To apply for accommodation you need to register and they send you something within an hour, have you done all of this on the page http://www.bath.ac.uk/ug-applicants/living/accommodation/apply/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't been given log in information yet except for the track thing.
Original post by KathyG6
I'm not too sure sorry, I completely disregarded the city campus.

Oh okay! :P
Thanks anyways :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest