The Student Room Group

Have you ever been bullied?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperDuperNoob
How? Why? Have you gotten over it?

:confused:

I was bullied because I had big lips and curly hair. They called me Carpet hair and Fish etc etc.

What you have to do is forget about it and stop being insecure, if its physical tell a teacher. What I did was just laugh when they said things, you'll end up tricking yourself into thinking that you don't care. Never show them that it gets to you cause they will just keep going.
Reply 41
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Oh wow, when did you get back?

What do you mean?
I honestly don't give a **** what anyone says nowadays. Used to get bullied a couple of years ago, simply because they felt like I was the lowest in social hierarchy in my group in those days. Just surround myself with people who are good nowadays and do whatever pleases me.
Original post by ApeMob
What do you mean?

Did you have a lovely two week ban? You've not posted at all since then, is all.
Reply 44
Did you have a lovely two week ban? You've not posted at all since then, is all.

I didn't have a ban, I have a life and can't just be on here all the time :curious:. What am I, waiting around my room for the ban to wear? There was never a ban either, not sure what you're referring to. Not even a card if I may add :closedeyes:.
Original post by ApeMob
I didn't have a ban, I have a life and can't just be on here all the time :curious:. What am I, waiting around my room for the ban to wear? There was never a ban either, not sure what you're referring to. Not even a card if I may add :closedeyes:.

Alright, pipe down, was just asking.

I'll take that as a no.
I never recall being bullied or bullying. I guess I've just gone to the right schools.

I do have terrible memory though, so there's a chance I just don't remember :smile:
Reply 47
Alright, pipe down, was just asking.

I'll take that as a no.

The pipe remains down.
Yeah I was constantly taunted at school and I got hit twice. Apparently according to mum its my fault for not being able to make friends.
Reply 49
Original post by AstroNandos
I never recall being bullied or bullying. I guess I've just gone to the right schools.

I do have terrible memory though, so there's a chance I just don't remember :smile:

What does your school have to do with bullying? I find bullying happens at prestigious schools more, if that's what you're saying. The pressure, the elitism, the exclusivity, the privilege, the boredom.
Yeah I get bullied a lot by liberals all the time. They usually call me an idiot, even though I'm at university and some of them haven't even passed their GCSEs or are studying a Mickey Mouse degree.
I've never actually been bullied which I'm pleasantly surprised about considering I'm more or less the perfect candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ApeMob
What does your school have to do with bullying? I find bullying happens at prestigious schools more, if that's what you're saying. The pressure, the elitism, the exclusivity, the privilege, the boredom.

I went to a rougher high school and I'd disagree, especially the physical bullying, I've seen people get concussions in a snowball fight after somebody put a bottle in a snowball. It is usually worse in less prestigious schools, I don't see that happening at Eton do you?

Maybe verbal bullying but I don't really know. It depends on your classification of bullying.

One of my friends goes to a private school and he tells me a fight is two guys verbally going at each other, and when they start to get physical (even just a little push) they consider this assault. My school was not like this

But I don't think they inferred they went to a prestigious school anyway, some schools just have less bullying because of their policies

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ApeMob

You asked me what does your school have to do with bullying and then said you find it happens more at prestigious schools, but don't those two opinions contradict each other? Assuming you basically meant "your school does not relate to how much bullying goes on" with your first sentence.

Anyway I meant that I guess I just live in an area and attend a school where bullying doesn't really seem to take place much.
I was bullied at primary school and it affects me still.
Yeah, I got really badly bullied at my first Primary School, and it was fine when I moved after Year 3 :redface:
Reply 56
Original post by Mubariz
I went to a rougher high school and I'd disagree, especially the physical bullying, I've seen people get concussions in a snowball fight after somebody put a bottle in a snowball. It is usually worse in less prestigious schools, I don't see that happening at Eton do you?

Maybe verbal bullying but I don't really know. It depends on your classification of bullying.

One of my friends goes to a private school and he tells me a fight is two guys verbally going at each other, and when they start to get physical (even just a little push) they consider this assault. My school was not like this

But I don't think they inferred they went to a prestigious school anyway, some schools just have less bullying because of their policies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally when people say "better" they mean, upper scale for the upper scale, especially in cases dealing with services like health or education. It seemed like posh arrogance saying "better" because we all know poor schools are the less prestigious, less "better" ones, obviously? I get your point but it doesn't invalidate mine, that these students who go to prestigious (better ratings, better funding--not necessarily private schools) are constantly going through the rich kid complex: rich and bored and privileged to do whatever and get away with it--but then the expectations of society, parents and school clash. That was the point I was making, that bullying happens everywhere, good school or not, come on. That's like saying people who live in a better neighborhood or country don't do doggy style.
Yep, for about 5-6 years, both verbal and physical like kicks or balls flying into me etc. Have I ever got over that? Not really, I just became a different person from who I was before going to school. Before, I was an active, sociable boy.. after, shy, low self-esteem, afraid of people etc. School was the worst period of my life and I am so happy it's now over :h:

Surprisingly, all my bullies weren't the top students at school :lol: More like, the dumbest :lol:

Wrong, I went to one of the best schools in my town where only students with good results get in and I still got bullied. It doesn't matter to which school you go because there will always be one who will make your life a nightmare :smile:
Reply 59
You asked me what does your school have to do with bullying and then said you find it happens more at prestigious schools, but don't those two opinions contradict each other? Assuming you basically meant "your school does not relate to how much bullying goes on" with your first sentence.

Anyway I meant that I guess I just live in an area and attend a school where bullying doesn't really seem to take place much.

I'm glad you have reading comprehension unlike some other people on here but "What does your school have to do with bullying?" does not mean, what do any types of schools have to do with bullying? It means, what does your "better" school have to do with anything? Then I added the point about prestigious schools to support my counter: just because a school is "better" it doesn't mean that bullying will not occur. I found your comment deficient.

Quick Reply

Latest