The Student Room Group

Human Resource Management courses in Midlands/Oxford?

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone can recommend or not recommend masters courses in HR?
I have zero business experience and have been teaching English abroad for the past 2 years but now I want to "get a real job" so I need to do a course which will improve my job prospects dramatically and I like the sound of HR as a future career.
I am looking at courses at Uni of Birmingham, Coventry and Ox Brookes and wondered do people know anything about these courses!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! many thanks, Kate
Hi Kate,

I’ve just seen your post. I’m currently studying Human Resource Management at postgraduate level at the University of Salford. I know it’s not quite in the right location for where you are looking to study, but thought I’d share my experiences of studying at Salford, which is just a few minutes walk away from Manchester.

The best thing about the course is it requires you to relate the theory you are taught, to real life situations. For example, on one of our core modules, employment law, we went to court to witness an actual real life case, which was an eye-opener!

We also studied employment relations, were we were able to join the CIPD conference live in the Manchester GMEX Centre, and learn about the huge impact of HR in practice today.

Did you get a place at uni, or are you still looking?

Joyce

Quick Reply

Latest