The Student Room Group

Can't take A Levels Economics (help please)

Hi guys! I'm about to give my GCSEs this year and I don't have business studies or economics. I would like to take these two subjects for A Levels next year but no school in my area offers them. I really want to do economics in uni and they all want econ business and maths. maths is the only A Level out of these three offered in my school. can someone please help me out with this?
1) Dont take both - econ over business
2) You don't need econ for econ at uni, maths and further maths would be better, so if you apply and say econ isn't offered in your school, it'll be okay
3) you don't need econ gcse for a level, if no one offers it, can't really do anything

So just choose maths, further maths, geography/history/language and something you enjoy
Reply 2
Original post by L'Evil Fish
1) Dont take both - econ over business
2) You don't need econ for econ at uni, maths and further maths would be better, so if you apply and say econ isn't offered in your school, it'll be okay
3) you don't need econ gcse for a level, if no one offers it, can't really do anything

So just choose maths, further maths, geography/history/language and something you enjoy

the only subjects i have access to for A Levels at the moment are maths, bio, chemistry and physics. and cambridge clearly wants either business or economics at A Levels. i guess it's the same for other unis. but thanks for answering :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest