The Student Room Group

How do you know which vocational course is the right one? (Specifically computing)

So I'm nearing the end of my first year at sixth form, and to say the least, I haven't had great attendance, and haven't really put as much effort as I could. My college have basically said they are seriously considering asking me to not come back next year, and I can't blame them. But regardless of that, I still have my exams coming up which I'm preparing for, and after that I'm considering going to a vocational college in my area. But the only problem is I have no idea which course I should be choosing.

I've been considering something related to Computing, as I'm tech savvy and did manage a pass in IT at GCSE level.
The thing is when I am looking at the courses I have no idea how I should be judging them. I'm 18 in October so I obviously am looking at the 1 year courses for computing, but I don't know which of the three that are available are the best for me.

It basically boils down to two BTEC level 3 courses, if anyone knows. They're both 1 year with an optional second year, the first is 90 credit for one, a sub diploma for the other first year.

I'm really not sure what decisions I should be making at this point but if anyone has any idea and would like to help it would be hugely appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest