The Student Room Group

What was the worst thing about this year?

Scroll to see replies

My dissertation mainly because I wrote it on a topic I had no interest in whatsoever :facepalm2:
Reply 21
My flatmates. Thankfully I've managed to move home for the summer now.

And just to take a wild stab in the dark, I'll imagine the worst thing next year will be the 100 mile commute I'll be having instead.
Reply 22
Constant drama in my flat. Don't get me wrong, I love my flatmates dearly, but we haven't had one party or night out where one of my flatmates has done something embarrassing, then stressed for weeks after, and I'm expected to be sympathetic ALL. THE TIME! Its hard to give a damn when its the 4th time in as many weeks that they've got themselves into a stupid situation.

I feel like it's been my responsibility to be the motherly one this year - I make sure the flat is clean, I check everyone is up for 9ams, I'm the one who listens to everyone's woes - and it's really exhausting. Next year will be different.
Original post by little_tom
My dissertation mainly because I wrote it on a topic I had no interest in whatsoever :facepalm2:

Why?

This, any interest I had in my course evaporated a long time ago. I intended to take a year out to work full time but I didn't get the promotion I was after, so this year has been a half arsed attempt just to get my degree over with. A bit sad really because I know i'm intellectually capable of getting a 1st, but i'll probably scrape a 2.1 instead. You don't need a 1st unless you're carrying on with academia anyway.
Reply 25
Constant hard work since about October. I hope it all pays off...
Reply 26
The fact that I've worked the hardest I've ever worked this year, and yet it hasn't paid off. I was working right from the start of the year and keeping up to date with everything.

I felt so confident with my coursework and exams, yet my marks don't reflect the effort I've put in at all. It's made me wonder whether I've reached the limit of what I can achieve, and if there's any point trying as hard next year. :frown:

Feels better typing that all out though!
Worst thing about this year for me was the fact that I missed out on freshers in my first year. I'm pretty introverted and was so before coming to university too. I had never went clubbing before prior to coming to university and on the day I moved in I decided to go out to a club. It was a foam party. I ended up leaving about 30 minutes after I got in because I didn't like it one bit and never went out again in freshers.

Fast forward a few weeks however, I decide to give going out another try and I absolutely loved it, ever since that day I have loved clubbing to the point It's become that i want to go out every single night because I like it so much. Now I look back in regret because I missed freshers and how much fun it could of been, all those superhero theme parties, foam parties paint parties all missed. **** my life :frown:
Original post by Kaisha
My flatmates. Thankfully I've managed to move home for the summer now.

And just to take a wild stab in the dark, I'll imagine the worst thing next year will be the 100 mile commute I'll be having instead.

Hey what was up with your flatmates? Hope mine are okay this year!
Reply 29

Not david moyes? :holmes:
The realisation that my perverse aspiration to join the 27 club was unrealised and that there is neither good nor evil in the world, just a bunch of organisms being organisms on a rock.

Quick Reply

Latest