The Student Room Group

Canadian Soc anyone?

Scroll to see replies

:hi:
Hi all :hello:

We're reviewing all of the social groups following migration to vBulletin 3.8 and we've noticed that this group doesn't have any active leader. Would anyone like to take over?
Reply 322
Original post by Illusionary
Hi all :hello:

We're reviewing all of the social groups following migration to vBulletin 3.8 and we've noticed that this group doesn't have any active leader. Would anyone like to take over?

What does it entail?
Original post by KirstyK

Original post by KirstyK
What does it entail?

There's not a huge amount that a leader needs to do - mainly, they'll need to manage any requests to join the group (or just set requests to be accepted automatically), but they also have additional powers over, for example, any additional threads that could be associated with the group. There may well be a bit of a backlog of requests, but once this has been looked at (which is probably simply a case of choosing "approve all") there shouldn't be much work involved. You can also set a group to automatically accept all join requests without needing approval from the leader. Being active in this thread would be good, to keep a healthy level of discussion going, but nothing's obligatory. :smile:

If you'd like to see more about how social groups work and how to manage them, take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=social_groups
Reply 324
Original post by Illusionary
There's not a huge amount that a leader needs to do - mainly, they'll need to manage any requests to join the group (or just set requests to be accepted automatically), but they also have additional powers over, for example, any additional threads that could be associated with the group. There may well be a bit of a backlog of requests, but once this has been looked at (which is probably simply a case of choosing "approve all") there shouldn't be much work involved. You can also set a group to automatically accept all join requests without needing approval from the leader. Being active in this thread would be good, to keep a healthy level of discussion going, but nothing's obligatory. :smile:

If you'd like to see more about how social groups work and how to manage them, take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=social_groups

I wouldn't mind doing that then.
Original post by KirstyK

Original post by KirstyK
I wouldn't mind doing that then.

Great, thanks! I'll initiate the transfer now and you should receive a PM shortly offering for you to take the group leadership. Let me know if you have any questions. :smile:
Ohh damn... I was too late :emo:
Original post by ChrisBan

While a group can have only one leader, you could be a deputy if you like? This doesn't currently allow you to do a huge amount more than you can as a member (you'd be able to disassociate threads from a group), but we're hoping that the role of deputies can be expanded in future.
Reply 328

I'm sorry :console:
Original post by KirstyK

Yeah, that's really very sweet of them. I was awed. :smile:
Anyone in Toronto ? =D

Anyone know of anything to do in Montreal and Quebec over Christmas? I'm planning on hopping over there for a week or something during that time.
Reply 332
Original post by ShaolinTemple
Anyone in Toronto ? =D

Anyone know of anything to do in Montreal and Quebec over Christmas? I'm planning on hopping over there for a week or something during that time.

From near Toronto?

Lots to do in Québec depending on what you're looking for really.
Qúebec City is nice at Christmas time, skiing, meat markets and bagel makers in Montreal, museums, ice hockey games, ice skating etc.
:hi:
I'm moving to Whistler in BC early next year, in time for the Biking-Season of Whistler Mountain and the best riding. :wink:

Either going to move in the new apartments being built there or crash with my mate who owns a house out there. :cool:

In any case, moving in April time so I can get set up. I'm lucky I've got my career sorted now, Jobs apparently aren't as numerous there as they are elsewhere in BC. :redface:
Aww yeah, a place for us Canucks to congregate. Is TSR ready for this? :tongue:
Reply 336
Oh yes! There is an ever increasing presence of lovely Canucks in the UK-and the wannabe Canucks are just as plentiful which is fabulous indeed! :-)
Reply 337
Yay canada!
Reply 338
Hi! I'm new on this site and I'm from Canada. I live in Ontario. I was born in Canada but my parents are originally from the UK and I have dual citizenship because of it. Despite that, unfortunately I can't get the domestic rate for university tuition unless I've lived there or in the EU for three years =( but I still hope to go to university in the UK. I really like it there, and I'm just sick of Canadian winters!
Original post by jco19
Hi! I'm new on this site and I'm from Canada. I live in Ontario. I was born in Canada but my parents are originally from the UK and I have dual citizenship because of it. Despite that, unfortunately I can't get the domestic rate for university tuition unless I've lived there or in the EU for three years =( but I still hope to go to university in the UK. I really like it there, and I'm just sick of Canadian winters!

It's my first winter in Canada here and I'm loving it! Though the snow is starting to melt here in Toronto now =( I've never seen snow so high up. Jumping in all of it is so fun =D Duddeee, Canadian universities are so much better. Even if they aren't as academically good, at least they can provide one very important thing in my opinion which is, multiculturalism. Especially the universities in Toronto since practically everyone you meet here is from a different country you learn to appreciate, tolerate, and understand different cultures and people. That's something in life you can't really get in Britain. The lack of respect for different races is significant compared to Canada. You probably know already.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending