Canadian Soc anyone?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    www.canadian-affair.com
    www.icelandair.com
    www.aircanada.com

Try and book it asap, because the longer you wait the more expensive it will be. Are you booking a round trip or oneway? A roundtrip (if the return date is a long way away) will be more expensive, so I usually book a one way, and then a month or two later I book the other one way home (i.e. for Christmas).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macnoob)
    Thanks thats what im gonna do, can you recommend the easiest way from Gatwick to Leicester (not taxi would be way to expensive). Maybe a website for the trains/bus or something like that.
    National Express for coaches- I imagine you'd have to go into London and change there. Or try megabus, but not sure where their routes run.
    For trains try www.thetrainline.com.
    Double check with the uni- sometimes they put on coaches a couple of times a day from major airports during the week when most international students arrive.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What flight would you guys recommend? From Toronto to Heathrow? I don't travel outside of the states or Canada and am very shocked to see prices $1300+.
    http://www.canadianaffair.ca/ check them out... charter airlines will give you a huge saving over Air Canada, British Airways etc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    http://www.canadianaffair.ca/ check them out... charter airlines will give you a huge saving over Air Canada, British Airways etc
    Thanks dude, quick question is it worth flying to Birmingham (im going to Leicester) or should i just stick to gatwick/heathrow.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dude, quick question is it worth flying to Birmingham (im going to Leicester) or should i just stick to gatwick/heathrow.
    Itll be easier, cheaper and quicker to fly to Birmingham and travel on to Leicester than go via London!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out to BC for the holidays and absolutely loving it! Wishing y'all a very Merry Christmas from Whistler!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Next year, I'm applying to UWO (University of Western Ontario) for their 2+2 program (basically studying economics for 2 years and then doing their HBA program at the Richard Ivey School of Business)

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insights on the course? the studentawards forum is pretty much dead compared to TSR which is disappointing :P

any information on London, Ontario would be appreciated as well - thanks in advance!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Part A)
    Hi everyone. Next year, I'm applying to UWO (University of Western Ontario) for their 2+2 program (basically studying economics for 2 years and then doing their HBA program at the Richard Ivey School of Business)

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insights on the course? the studentawards forum is pretty much dead compared to TSR which is disappointing :P

any information on London, Ontario would be appreciated as well - thanks in advance!
    Hi, I am a recent grad of Ivey's HBA Program and I currently work as a Recruiting Associate. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions you have about Ivey, the University of Western Ontario and life in London, Ontario. You can contact Ivey directly at [Removed - please use PMs or post here]. I look forward to hearing from you.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IveyHBARecruiting)
    Hi, I am a recent grad of Ivey's HBA Program and I currently work as a Recruiting Associate. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions you have about Ivey, the University of Western Ontario and life in London, Ontario. You can contact Ivey directly at [Removed - please use PMs or post here]. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Hi there,

I've actually posted a thread or two on the studentawards forum - are you Richard Wong by any chance?

Basically, I'd like to know what are the specific A-level requirements for entry (e.g. what grades do I need to have a competitive chance) and also - if I want to do economics and then go onto the HBA, will I have to major in economics in 2nd year?

I know I can do a variety of course in AEO1 but what happens in AE02 if I want to continue with economics e.t.c?
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manz going to Canada in August. :excited:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Manz going to Canada in August. :excited:
    Swear down? What for? I might be going there in late August.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Swear down? What for? I might be going there in late August.
    My company are going global. Going to see the prime minister to find a big enough production pitch.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    My company are going global. Going to see the prime minister to find a big enough production pitch.
    Mashallah. I am Don Corleone. I want it. I have money to invest.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    No deal.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Be careful. I will acquire all your company now, and you will get nothing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i am from vancouver. just finished my application to Imperial College for earth science engineeri;
    anybody know what average i need for a program like this?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To Canadians studying in England:

During the Olympics, Curling Continental Cup, etc. which team do you root for? Canada or Britain?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumergocogito)
    To Canadians studying in England:

During the Olympics, Curling Continental Cup, etc. which team do you root for? Canada or Britain?
    CANADA Baby! Best in the world at curling!! :-D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good! I love Brewster, but if he's playing Howard or Martin I have to cheer for my fellow Canadian.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have lived on the east coast of Canada for my entire life and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2013
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.