The Student Room Group

Canadian Soc anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by acanadianabroad
My university needed the degree before I arrived. And it was one less important document to lose! Enjoy Cranfield! I visited a friend there once and it seems like a great place to study.

Thank you!

Is it difficult to find a job and get a work visa once I have graduated?
Do companies shy away from international students for full time employment?
Original post by punctuation
Remember that with the visa you can only work up to 20 hours/week.

That's not an issue for me, as I don't plan to work more than 20 hours a week. I wouldn't be able to afford the time anyways, during the school term.
Did anyone here go to the PNE fair in Vancouver last night, saw a rock band play and it was amazing.
Original post by ncorda
Thank you!

Is it difficult to find a job and get a work visa once I have graduated?
Do companies shy away from international students for full time employment?

It totally depends what type of qualification you have. If you work in an industry where there is a shortage of qualified workers you have a way better chance of landing a job and work visa. I actually have dual citizenship so I may not be the best person to ask. I'm sure your university can answer some questions for you.
Reply 524
Original post by Rock Fan
Did anyone here go to the PNE fair in Vancouver last night, saw a rock band play and it was amazing.

I have yet to go to the Fair! I haven't had much time and my weekends are all filled up. I'm hoping to make it out there next week! Has it goten bigger than the last few years?
Original post by JGMycroft
I have yet to go to the Fair! I haven't had much time and my weekends are all filled up. I'm hoping to make it out there next week! Has it goten bigger than the last few years?

Yeah there was quite a lot here when I went last weekend, the food stalls are expensive
Original post by Rock Fan

I wish I could go but no one wants to go and have been occupied with work lol
Wow did anyone go to see Metallica at the Rogers Arena (Vancouver) last night, what an unbelievable show it was
Are there restrictions on entry to Canada like America?
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Are there restrictions on entry to Canada like America?

You have to be 18-30 and you can only get a one year working visa although you can apply for a second year while you are in Canada

Try this thread, it's got some useful info http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1155547
Reply 530
Original post by doctork2
I'm just wondering... Are there any Canadians going to the UK next year for medicine? :smile:

HI , I'm from Canada going to UK for medicine :biggrin:
Reply 531
Hey i am a Canuck as well, from Toronto..going to study LLB in Exeter this autumn..

quite some nice discussions on this thread
Reply 532
Original post by Logix89
Hey i am a Canuck as well, from Toronto..going to study LLB in Exeter this autumn..

quite some nice discussions on this thread

GREAT Decision! :congrats:
Who is a better internet provider here, Shaw or Telus?
Original post by kevin6767
Just popped in to say I <3 Canada :smile:

:biggrin: On behalf of Canada, thanks. :wink:
NHL lock down must be annoying a few people, I really wanted to see a game as well, looks like I will have to settle for the Whitecaps this Saturday.
How are you doing, Canadians? :biggrin: I miss poutine!
Hey, I'm gonna be attended University in England in the fall... I'm gonna miss Tim Horton's
Reply 538
Original post by DamanGrewal3
Hey, I'm gonna be attended University in England in the fall... I'm gonna miss Tim Horton's

The UK has lots of Starbucks though :biggrin:

Starbucks > Tim Horton's :tongue:

Oh and Costa Coffee. There's that too.
Original post by punctuation
How are you doing, Canadians? :biggrin: I miss poutine!

is there poutine in the UK :'(

Quick Reply

Latest