The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manexopi
Apparently my teacher said it was harder than as papers :0 but yeah I'm screwed for the other exams as that was my best unit -.-

Yeah I thought they were both quite hard! I thought unit 2 was a bit easier but I failed cuz I went blank and totally screwed it up(ended up missing like 14 marks and messed up the last 8 marker) ! I really hope the grade boundaries are super low!
Original post by JAIYEKO
How do you know? How's your controlled assessment like? Did you do higher tier?

I got A* in my coursework but in unit 2 higher.. I missed out 13-14 marks cuz I didn't have time to finish. Also I messed up the last 8 marker completely. So I probably got like 43/78 which is 55 percent - a C/D :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by Kirankhalsa
I got A* in my coursework but in unit 2 higher.. I missed out 13-14 marks cuz I didn't have time to finish. Also I messed up the last 8 marker completely. So I probably got like 43/78 which is 55 percent - a C/D :frown:

Oh right I got C/B in coursework but the PATP exam was really exam, only think I lost 15marks overall. Dynamic Planet exam was the hardest however. What did you write for the de industrialisation question?
(edited 9 years ago)
I found Unit 2 A LOT easier than Unit 1, but that's probably because Unit 1 was pure evil!!! :P On the global economy question were we supposed to write about WTOs and IMF? That's what I did... I hope it's right! :/
Original post by JAIYEKO
Oh right I got C/B in coursework but the PATP exam was really exam, only think I lost 15marks overall. Dynamic Planet exam was the hardest however. What did you write for the de industrialisation question?

Oh I messed that up as well! I talked about brownfield sites in Stratford and how trees are built increasing habitats and therefore biodiversity. I also wrote about how the soil is decontaminated and cleaned but it results in derelict buildings which encourage antisocial behaviour. Honestly I think I missed out a lot of points on this question as well! What about u?
Original post by JAIYEKO

The one about the environmental consequences?
Reply 26
Oh I messed that up as well! I talked about brownfield sites in Stratford and how trees are built increasing habitats and therefore biodiversity. I also wrote about how the soil is decontaminated and cleaned but it results in derelict buildings which encourage antisocial behaviour. Honestly I think I missed out a lot of points on this question as well! What about u?

Question was environmental impact of deindustrialisation.

I picked Ford Dunlop in Birmingham and when it was closed in 1980 (64 years after opening), and how it becomes UK biggest brownfield sites. Both positive and negative environmental impacts occurred,negative impact being visual pollution causing Resident to internal migrate and Noise pollution being a positive environmental impact as industrial work were abandoned.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JAIYEKO
Question was environmental impact of deindustrialisation.

I picked Ford Dunlop in Birmingham and when it was closed in 1980 (64 years after opening), and how it becomes UK biggest brownfield sites. Both positive and negative environmental impacts occurred, being visual pollution causing Resident to internal migrate and Noise pollution being a positive environmental impact as industrial work were abandoned.

That seems like a great answer! I completely messed up! So disappointed!
Reply 28

Yeah thanks indeed I'm sure boundaries will be low, what grade overall you're hoping for?
Reply 29

Even if you're stuck on the question rewarding 3 marks for SPAG, use all the geographical terms you know regarding that topics and write about them even if they're not relevant to the topic.
Original post by JAIYEKO
Even if you're stuck on the question rewarding 3 marks for SPAG, use all the geographical terms you know regarding that topics and write about them even if they're not relevant to the topic.

Yeah! I was hoping for an A but that's kinda of impossible now! For that 8 marker were my points valid?
Reply 31
Original post by JAIYEKO
Oh yeah definitely x. How did you think you did in both exams so far?

well, unit 1 was super easy.. unit 2 i didnt like, i probably failed:/
Original post by maestrocam
I found Unit 2 A LOT easier than Unit 1, but that's probably because Unit 1 was pure evil!!! :P On the global economy question were we supposed to write about WTOs and IMF? That's what I did... I hope it's right! :/

Yeah that's what I talked about as well!
Reply 33
Yeah I thought they were both quite hard! I thought unit 2 was a bit easier but I failed cuz I went blank and totally screwed it up(ended up missing like 14 marks and messed up the last 8 marker) ! I really hope the grade boundaries are super low!

I didn't revise a mega city for a developed country so I just went London cause that was the only developed city we did in class even though it's not a mega city xD I was gonna do geography for a level as well but if worse comes to worse, I'll just switch to philosophy or history. Thank god I kept my options open
Reply 34
Yeah! I was hoping for an A but that's kinda of impossible now! For that 8 marker were my points valid?

Yeah it's worth about 4/5 if your actual answer was longer. Did you mention the Industry/Company that became deindustrilized? If you added date and stuff like that, it'll increase your mark mate. What did you write about Megacities?
Reply 35
It was quite common sense and mostly business related

i do business and found that most of the things were about the terms we use in business

I Knew more than 35 case studies by heart for unit 1 and unit 2 and guess what NONE CAME UP
except 1 actually which was sub-african country Which i didn't even need to know RWANDA

FLIP sake they were okay but it put alot of work into it for nothing as i knew most of it from before studying the course.
I didn't revise a mega city for a developed country so I just went London cause that was the only developed city we did in class even though it's not a mega city xD I was gonna do geography for a level as well but if worse comes to worse, I'll just switch to philosophy or history. Thank god I kept my options open

Same! I talked about London as well! I made it all up! I really wanted an A! But that's impossible after how poorly I performed in both exams. What do U think the grade boundaries will be for a B?
Reply 37

London isn't a megacity? California (developed), and Mubai (developing) are.
Reply 38
Same! I talked about London as well! I made it all up! I really wanted an A! But that's impossible after how poorly I performed in both exams. What do U think the grade boundaries will be for a B?

London isn't a megacity? B is good - 43-45/78 for a B approximately on the PATP
Reply 39
Yeah I know London isn't one that's what I said :tongue: but when you're desperate you just write whatever we did shanghai as a homework but I didn't know it was relevant to anything so I didn't learn it :s-smilie:
I have no idea what grade boundaries will be but very low me thinks like 70 - 75% for an A* and so on

Quick Reply

Latest