The Student Room Group

AQA chemistry 15th may 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
27 exams overall :/ 7 in the first week and 6 in the second week. I have no idea after half term, but I do latin so everyone else apart from our latin class has finished the day before us :frown: Any ideas about Chemistry?
Reply 81
Original post by thechemistress
How are you finding revision for everything? I heard that some people haven't even started yet xD

That would be me :smile: I've done little bits looking over the topics briefly, but I've got the whole day off tomorrow, so chemistry cramming it is :')
Reply 82
I'm kind of looking forward to C2/3, if I'm honest.
After Biology 2&3 today I have no idea how these ones will go, Chemistry has always been my strongest science so I feel more confident for it but if the chemistry exam is like that then I dunno how I'm going to do hah. I got a B in chem 2 and A in chem 3 mocks but obvs it's the real thing haha
Original post by CaitlinN15
After Biology 2&3 today I have no idea how these ones will go, Chemistry has always been my strongest science so I feel more confident for it but if the chemistry exam is like that then I dunno how I'm going to do hah. I got a B in chem 2 and A in chem 3 mocks but obvs it's the real thing haha

The biology paper was such a bitch it had a different format than normal past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usmaandada121
The biology paper was such a bitch it had a different format than normal past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it was awful- the questions in one of then were too repetitive all about speciation and that it was terrible like 3pages were about that it annoyed me so much! Did you do B3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bencs25
I'm kind of looking forward to C2/3, if I'm honest.

Yeah, same here xD
Original post by CaitlinN15
I know it was awful- the questions in one of then were too repetitive all about speciation and that it was terrible like 3pages were about that it annoyed me so much! Did you do B3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i didnt i only do unit 1 and 2 for sciences i hope the chem is far better...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Screenshot_2014-05-14-08-12-11.pngHey, how can I go about doing this question to find the functional group, I got COOH but I'm not sure, thanks
How are you finding revision for everything? I heard that some people haven't even started yet xD

Wow I would probably die if I hadn't even started revising..
Reply 90
Original post by Sayless
Screenshot_2014-05-14-08-12-11.pngHey, how can I go about doing this question to find the functional group, I got COOH but I'm not sure, thanks

It is an ester so the functional group is COO. You need to circle the carbon in the middle and the two oxygens that it is bonded to (one of which is a double bond)
Original post by hmm98
It is an ester so the functional group is COO. You need to circle the carbon in the middle and the two oxygens that it is bonded to (one of which is a double bond)

Thank you, I thought it was a carboxylic acid u_u
Reply 92
Original post by Sayless
Thank you, I thought it was a carboxylic acid u_u

Haha they are quite confusing!
Reply 93
Anyone doing C2? What do you think will come up?
Reply 94
My guess is that electrolysis, rates of reactions and atoms/structures will play a large role. No idea though after biology!
Reply 95
I really hope it's not like biology otherwise I can wave bye bye to that A* -_- I really hope it's electrolysis and not an experiment for a 6 marker and I bet empirical formula will come up which I'm fine with. I really don't want loads of questions on Mendeleev and Newlands tho :/
Reply 96
it was the easiest chemistry exam ever invented, those grade boundries are going to shoooot up
Original post by tayloryeah
it was the easiest chemistry exam ever invented, those grade boundries are going to shoooot up

Did you even do C3? Also, being too arrogant about these exams may work against you. Whilst it was not the most challenging exam, it was not 'the easiest exam ever invented'
C2 wasn't as bad as i thought it would be..but c3 was so hard :frown: bye bye A*
Reply 99
Did you even do C3? Also, being too arrogant about these exams may work against you. Whilst it was not the most challenging exam, it was not 'the easiest exam ever invented'

No.1 its my opinion
No.2 you do not know me so you dont know my what stage i am regarding my education, so please dont try to lecture, much appreciated x

Quick Reply

Latest