The Student Room Group

OCR law 23rd may English Legal system

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swagyolo420
No problem! I hope you get that A. What other questions did ya do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou, you too!
ADR, police powers and criminal courts.
You?
Original post by lolly12
Thankyou, you too!
ADR, police powers and criminal courts.
You?

By criminal courts, i assume you mean criminal appeals?? Ah we picked similar questions, except i did sentencing rather than magistrates.

Okay i gotta ask! Im annoyed with myself. On the crim appeals part a question i talked about qbd to supreme court and court of appeal to supreme court and eu court of justice but i didnt mention it in part b Because it said describe the routes whatever his face could take and i thought Because his case wasn't of general public importance it wasnt necessary but should i have talked about it anyway? And said it would be unlikely the supreme court would accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
By criminal courts, i assume you mean criminal appeals?? Ah we picked similar questions, except i did sentencing rather than magistrates.

Okay i gotta ask! Im annoyed with myself. On the crim appeals part a question i talked about qbd to supreme court and court of appeal to supreme court and eu court of justice but i didnt mention it in part b Because it said describe the routes whatever his face could take and i thought Because his case wasn't of general public importance it wasnt necessary but should i have talked about it anyway? And said it would be unlikely the supreme court would accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah criminal appeals sorry.
Do you mean queens bench division of the high court?
I thought that was only for the 2nd appeal from the magistrates?
I though from the crown court its just to the criminal division if the court of appeal and then the supreme and then ECJ?

I mentioned about that he could appeal to the supreme court but you only really like like 4/5 points to get 9 marks and the last 3 are AO3 so as long as you have like 4 points, you should be fine :smile:
Original post by lolly12
Yeah criminal appeals sorry.
Do you mean queens bench division of the high court?
I thought that was only for the 2nd appeal from the magistrates?
I though from the crown court its just to the criminal division if the court of appeal and then the supreme and then ECJ?

I mentioned about that he could appeal to the supreme court but you only really like like 4/5 points to get 9 marks and the last 3 are AO3 so as long as you have like 4 points, you should be fine :smile:

The question was appeals from only the crown court wasnt it?
Original post by lolly12
The question was appeals from only the crown court wasnt it?

I believe you can appeal from the crown to the queens bench division of the high court on a case stated appeal?😁😁 well thats what i was told😅

Anyway yeah thats fine, i didnt think it was too major!(:

One last thing, how important is it to say criminal division of the court of appeal i have a feeling i only said court of appeal haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I believe you can appeal from the crown to the queens bench division of the high court on a case stated appeal?😁😁 well thats what i was told😅

Anyway yeah thats fine, i didnt think it was too major!(:

One last thing, how important is it to say criminal division of the court of appeal i have a feeling i only said court of appeal haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh crap! My teacher never told us we can do it from the crown as well!

I think its fine as long as you didnt say civil division or anything
NOt really relevant but for those who got High As at AS, would u say as is justmemory, for example if i memorised all the content and answered questions word by word from the book but relevant to the questions, could i get hi ums? Cheers guys
Original post by A sheesh
NOt really relevant but for those who got High As at AS, would u say as is justmemory, for example if i memorised all the content and answered questions word by word from the book but relevant to the questions, could i get hi ums? Cheers guys

Yes, you could it is pretty much a memory game, as long as you also remembered the main points from the mark scheme!
IM SO SRSLY PUMPED TO GET MY RESULTS FOR THIS EXAM

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone feeling, im starting to feel the pressure
ONLY DROPPED 14 MARKS😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211
ONLY DROPPED 14 MARKS������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dropped 12 ;-) But nice job!

Although I did write about 22 pages...
Original post by 08vihe
I dropped 12 ;-) But nice job!

Although I did write about 22 pages...

I dropped 16 :wink: but i got 77/80 on sources and an A in both A2s so i got my A in law :biggrin:
Reply 213
I dropped 16 :wink: but i got 77/80 on sources and an A in both A2s so i got my A in law :biggrin:

Thats great, well done!
Original post by 08vihe
Thats great, well done!

Thankyou!

well done to you too and everyone else and thanks guys for the help :biggrin:
Thankyou!

well done to you too and everyone else and thanks guys for the help :biggrin:

I was 2 marks of an A* :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest