The Student Room Group

OCR law 23rd may English Legal system

Scroll to see replies

P.s all 4 i revised came up o thankfully the risk paid off lol
Original post by A sheesh
P.s all 4 i revised came up o thankfully the risk paid off lol

What questions did you do man:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Police powers, sentencing, appeals, barristers. You?
I did magistrates, arrest, sentencing and crown court appeals, thought t was really good this year actually
Neither of you did ADR?? I did ADR, police powers, sentencing and appeals

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I really don't understand ADR because when it was being taught I was ill so wasn't in for any of the lessons and couldn't get to grips with it when revising it, now got half term to revise for sources
Nope lol, people think im starnge not doing adr but im self teaching and the name scares me lol
Original post by A sheesh
Nope lol, people think im starnge not doing adr but im self teaching and the name scares me lol

Everyone I've spoke to can't believe I didn't do ADR haha, don't have a clue about it!
Original post by Katiea1997
No, I really don't understand ADR because when it was being taught I was ill so wasn't in for any of the lessons and couldn't get to grips with it when revising it, now got half term to revise for sources

Ah fair enough(: yeah once you understand it, its the easiest marks available! And did you almost start writing about arrest for part b of the arrest question? Haha i don't like how they put them together 😣 but yeah i know sources is boring as hell but atleast we get half term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Did anyone make the mistake of doing 3 questions instead of 4? :frown:
I did ADR, Barristers, Magistrates and sentencing!

What did everyone write for the Magistrates part b and Sentencing part b?? :smile:

What did everyone write for the Magistrates part b and Sentencing part b?? :smile:
Original post by ZackMillar

Not sure if I did it write but for magistrates part b wrote about how they get judicial decision making training so even though aren't legally qualified, they dry background knowledge so should be abolishedc can't remember what else and arrest part b for stop and search I wasn't too sure on that so wrote how under criminal justice and public order act when a section 60 is released they will go round stopping anyone, about paragraph 2.2 of PACE and terrorism act is very stereotypical and can't remember my fourth point. Not too confident on those

Oh no sorry for sentencing I said about her previous convictions, Harry's motives and why he did it, that Harry will get custodial sentence of life for punishment and Elizabeth license seized, points on listence and drivers awareness course
Reply 74
I thought the unit 1 law exam was the best ocr law paper EVER (lol)
Maybe because I expected it too be really hard, but thank god the questions were really nice, hopefully it pays off.
I did arrest, sentencing (even though I rushed the sceaniro), lay mag and barristers.

How did everyone else find it?
It seems like everyone loved it, which means the grade boundaries might be really high :frown:((
Original post by Katiea1997
Oh no sorry for sentencing I said about her previous convictions, Harry's motives and why he did it, that Harry will get custodial sentence of life for punishment and Elizabeth license seized, points on listence and drivers awareness course

For the magistrates question, i wrote about training but then also said that other reasons also contributed towards the keeping of them in the justice system like the diversity etc! Do you think thats wrong?
Reply 76
Original post by xxblue
I thought the unit 1 law exam was the best ocr law paper EVER (lol)
Maybe because I expected it too be really hard, but thank god the questions were really nice, hopefully it pays off.
I did arrest, sentencing (even though I rushed the sceaniro), lay mag and barristers.

How did everyone else find it?
It seems like everyone loved it, which means the grade boundaries might be really high :frown:((

i didn't like the paper,i wanted police powers on stop and search and juries
Original post by Josh Campbell
I have a clash but I'm doing this first :mad: whats your clash? mines with chemistry and how are you balancing your revision?

Hi yeah sorry I forgot to respond... My clash was media and law... I absolutely hate media with a passion (got a B in the coursework though!) but yeah I did like minutes media and 10000000000 hours law revision :P
Original post by Bsm_x
i doubt they will let you on your phone. i also have a clash

hey sorry i forgot to reply to you aswell! how did the exam go? I was really happy with the 4 topics I picked! and yeah turns out I could have gone on my phone if I wanted to (I chose not too since its not worth the risk) but when i went to the toilet he made me take my bag with me (had my phone in)... could have easily texted my friends who did the exam!... these 80 year old invigilators need to work on a way to stop this haha
Reply 79

For Magistratesquestion B I wrote the arguments for and against basically.
I talked about the MNTI which is the Magistrates New Training Initiative Schemeand the fact that the magistrates now have this scheme that make sure theyunderstand their training so the role should not be abolished but the otherside of the argument was the fact that they are too willing to acceptprosecution and police evidence. Initially, the training taught them to makesure they understand and take both sides into consideration and then make a judgmentdue to this the role should be abolished.

I also talked about how the training of lay mag is under a lot of scrutiny nowby the Judicial Studies Board so their training has improved. But I counterargued that there is no uniformity of sentencing. This is due to the differenttraining sessions taken differently in different locations for exp. lay magwill give out different sentences for similar crimes.
I could only think of that much but there was soo much more to say. I don’tknow if it is right or not but my teacher taught us to stay that. Anyone writeanything similar/ different to it?

I did the sentencing question last so literally had 5mins to the scenario.
I talked about the mitigating and aggravating factors that are taken intoaccount also if Harry and the woman plead guilty they get a 1/3 reductionguilty plea at first reasonable opportunity.
I also said that harry =mandatory life sentence for the killing of the policewoman and that if he will be given a starting point of 30years.
I can’t remember the other woman’s name but I recommended that she will begiven a suspended sentence to deter her from committing the speeding again. Asshe will be made to serve the new offence (2years) and the old. Just when I putmy pen down the time was up.
Unfortunately, I forgot to talk about disqualification of driving and thepre-sentence report prepared by the probation service etc etc
Did anyone do anything similar?

Quick Reply

Latest