The Student Room Group

Biggest and smallest a-level classes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iJess
English Language - 39
Sociology - 15

I cant imagine having a-level classes that big.
How come the class was that big?
And how did you find it?
Original post by Emma:-)
How was it just having you in the class?

It's actually worked out very well as I'd already built up a friendly rapport with my German teacher as she taught me the previous year. I'm not going to lie, I did initially have my doubts and think it was going to be oh so terribly awkward but it's been quite the opposite. I think I'm pretty lucky to get one-on-one teaching so I'm grateful for it. :colondollar:
Original post by tgwktm
not sure, when i did it at gcse we had 3 classes with 30 students in each. it might be cause my school has 2 really good geography teachers who make the lessons so much fun and i think that helps. i also live in cornwall so that might have something to do with it

I see.
A lot of the people that responded here have geography as their biggest class xD
Reply 63
Biggest - 19 in maths
Smallest - 13 in French (started off bigger but lots of people dropped it in the first term)
Reply 64
I cant imagine having a-level classes that big.
How come the class was that big?
And how did you find it?

It's awful. An english teacher left so my teacher has 3 A-level english language classes. I've never had one to one with my teacher, not even for coursework and its a nightmare. I got a U in my mock and so did a lot of others so its disadvantaged us all, I'll probably be dropping it. I'd rather they have said to some of us at the start of the year that there were too many people. As unfair as it sounds I'd have rather they gave preference to those with the highest grades in English language at gcse.
Original post by iJess
It's awful. An english teacher left so my teacher has 3 A-level english language classes. I've never had one to one with my teacher, not even for coursework and its a nightmare. I got a U in my mock and so did a lot of others so its disadvantaged us all, I'll probably be dropping it. I'd rather they have said to some of us at the start of the year that there were too many people. As unfair as it sounds I'd have rather they gave preference to those with the highest grades in English language at gcse.

It doesnt sound great ive got to admit.
They should have done like a "first come first served" type thing.
Or try to replace the teacher that left. That way it would be fairer on you students and the teacher (i cant imagine it being great for the teacher either teaching and marking 3 classes of a-level stuff).
Reply 66
It doesnt sound great ive got to admit.
They should have done like a "first come first served" type thing.
Or try to replace the teacher that left. That way it would be fairer on you students and the teacher (i cant imagine it being great for the teacher either teaching and marking 3 classes of a-level stuff).

Yep not much I can do now though, just going to actually try and pass at least lol
I'm in AS, biggest=Spanish (9), smallest=French (5)
Original post by beatriceh
I'm in AS, biggest=Spanish (9), smallest=French (5)

Les étudiants n'aiment pas les langues dans ton école :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Les étudiants n'aiment pas les langues dans ton école :tongue:

Haha that may well be true, although there is another French class! I think the biggest A level class in my year is about 12 though :tongue:
Original post by beatriceh
Haha that may well be true, although there is another French class! I think the biggest A level class in my year is about 12 though :tongue:

Aaah! On a une classe... Dans laquelle, il y a dix!

Quick Reply

Latest