The Student Room Group

?????help??????

hi, i'm not really sure about this forum stuff but i'm gonna give it a go because i've tried working through this myself and it's not worked out very well. basically i suffer with anxiety disorder and as you're all aware exams start in a few days; if you're unfamiliar with anxiety -- bearing in mind that it's different for everyone who has it -- it means that i'm currently way way above a healthy stress level and i've basically decided despite being targeted at an A in all subjects at this point that i'm going to fail everything and drop out of college and probably never get a job or succeed at anything???? does anyone else either a) feel the same/similar or b) have any coping techniques? thank you for reading this i know it's not very articulate but again i don't know the protocol for forum posting. have a great day!
Hi madeoftea,

Have you seen your GP about your anxiety? It may be that they could prescribe something to help you with it, or refer you for cognitive behavioural therapy.

Have you ever learnt any breathing exercises to help you in situations where you have raised anxiety levels? :smile:
^^Seconded. I had feelings of anxiety relating to something else a couple of years ago and seeing my GP really helped :smile:

I also agree about breathing exercises. Meditation and yoga are good for when you feel particularly stressed, I find the breathing exercises really relaxing.
Reply 3
Feel exactly the same! My anxiety has been so bad over the couple of weeks I've had to be rushed to the hospital :frown:

With me when it starts I try sit down, and just do some breathing exercises or I watch Sth funny...but lately my emotions are completely out of control

Posted from TSR Mobile
i feel the same i am so stressed about exams i literally dont know how im going to cope :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest