The Student Room Group

in love with my therapist

i'm an 18 year old girl, i identify as lesbian, and i'm in love with my therapist. she's all i ever think about (well about 90% of my day i spend thinking about her) and when i am with her i am very turned on by her. i don't know if she can tell. she knows that i am vert 'attached' to her, but i've never explicitly said "i have sexual fantasies about you and i am in love with you". btw i know having sexual fantasies and being in love are very different things but i am also in love with her. i am so ashamed, i feel like this is so stereotypical of someone like me. do i tell her? i just don't know what to do. i feel like i can't live without her.
Reply 1
Does she show any signs of affection towards you?
Original post by Anonymous
i'm an 18 year old girl, i identify as lesbian, and i'm in love with my therapist. she's all i ever think about (well about 90% of my day i spend thinking about her) and when i am with her i am very turned on by her. i don't know if she can tell. she knows that i am vert 'attached' to her, but i've never explicitly said "i have sexual fantasies about you and i am in love with you". btw i know having sexual fantasies and being in love are very different things but i am also in love with her. i am so ashamed, i feel like this is so stereotypical of someone like me. do i tell her? i just don't know what to do. i feel like i can't live without her.

What do you actually know about her to be in love with her?
Do you know her likes, dislikes, pet hates, family?

you need a new therapist. not because what you're feeling is wrong, but because you don't want to tell her such a large part of your daily psych. she cannot effectively do her job. this isn't fair on either of you, and i know stopping the sessions with her will hurt, but there is probably a reason you are in therapy, and you need to solve that before you overcomplicate things. sorry :frown:
Reply 4
I'm sorry to say that she is attracted to men. So she will see you as a very good friend and will like to build this friendship so that you can because best friends forever. That is the ultimate status that you can have with someone and not be married to them or indeed have children with them. There are more guys that you can find who are attractive and will treat you well.
Original post by kkboyk
Does she show any signs of affection towards you?

Shes hetero
Reply 5
Original post by BoBosus
I'm sorry to say that she is attracted to men. So she will see you as a very good friend and will like to build this friendship so that you can because best friends forever. That is the ultimate status that you can have with someone and not be married to them or indeed have children with them. There are more guys that you can find who are attractive and will treat you well.
Shes hetero

have you ever met her therapist? no. did she ask what her therapist's sexuality was? no. quit spouting your homophobic bull**** all over the forums, i've seen you post on multiple threads, often completely off topic, and you're just there to upset others so kindly go away as your negativity is unwarranted and you're pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Argh just reached 9" ty gg OP :sexface:
Original post by sparkyreads
you need a new therapist. not because what you're feeling is wrong, but because you don't want to tell her such a large part of your daily psych. she cannot effectively do her job. this isn't fair on either of you, and i know stopping the sessions with her will hurt, but there is probably a reason you are in therapy, and you need to solve that before you overcomplicate things. sorry :frown:

:ditto: tbh. I'm sorry to say it but telling her will mean she will have to stop seeing you. Even if you don't tell her, I think it would be healthier for you to see a different therapist, so that you don't end up getting hurt or confused in the end :frown:
Reply 8
i'm the OP. no she doesn't show any signs of attraction towards me, and i think i will have to tell her about this because i cant stop thinking about it, i just hope she wont make me see someone else. i dont know if shes straight or gay. anyway, it doesnt really matter as i know my feelings for her will never become a reality. all i know about her is her interest in psychology (obviously) and maybe a few films she has said she liked when i mentioned them.
Original post by sparkyreads

this ^
i'm the OP. no she doesn't show any signs of attraction towards me, and i think i will have to tell her about this because i cant stop thinking about it, i just hope she wont make me see someone else. i dont know if shes straight or gay. anyway, it doesnt really matter as i know my feelings for her will never become a reality. all i know about her is her interest in psychology (obviously) and maybe a few films she has said she liked when i mentioned them.

I think it's probably an infatuation, and you can tell her if you want, but she would probably want to keep a professional relationship, which would mean that she would stop being your therapist, which is not really the outcome I think you would want.
One way to get her out of your mind would be to meet other girls in any social gatherings, whom you share common interests with and try to hit it off from there. Once you get into a relationship with another girl, your infatuation with your therapist would probably wear off.
How long have you felt like this? Do you think it would go away? If not then I suggest you see a different therapist. If advise you to try to tell her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's pretty normal to fall in love with ones therapist (as it's fairly normal to fall in love with anyone you have that sort of close contact with), in fact it may be part of the therapy! Tell her if you like, and I expect she's realised already, and I shouldn't think she'll make you change therapists because it probably means the therapy's working, but if she's professional she won't take the relationship any further.

Quick Reply

Latest