The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

The Lawns

Does anyone know about or stay at The Lawns Accomodation?

I was thinking of Taylor Courts, but i've figures the Lawns is better since im really outgoing and I love to have a good time!

I'm looking for self- catered and en-suite! Grant A block is the one i really want to stay at, I like the size of the room and the ensuite bathroom looks really good (from the pics ive seen that is).

The only issue is that its self-catered. I know this means I only get an evening meal, i'll be cooking most times but i know there will be times when I can't be bothered and just want a ready meal for me.

But does anyone know if each flat has a fully furnished kitchen where I can make my own proper meals? So does it have a cooker, oven, fridge freezer.

Or does anyone have a alternative accommodation they know of that pretty good.
PLUS IF YOU HAVE PHOTOS OF ANY HULL ACCOMMODATIONS PUT THEM UP! the website isn't very informative with its pics!

Thanks guys
Hey~

So first I wanted to clarify with you about the meaning of self-catered as Grant hall is Semi-catered not self-catered. Self-catered means you have to cook all of your own meals (only Nichoson Hall on the Lawns), where as the rest of the lawns is semi-catered (including Grant Hall) meaning you get your evening meal included in your rent so you don't have to pay each night. People from Nicholson Hall or outside the lawns can eat there but I think it costs £4.00 for a meal.

With the exception of Ferens Hall (which provided you don't put your preferences in super late, you shouldn't get) all the halls have nice kitchens, Nicholson Hall has particularly well equipped ones as it's self-catered. However even in the ones that get an evening meal provided you share a decent-sized kitchen between 8 which has 2 fridge-freezers, an oven with hobs, microwave, lots of cupboards and table/chairs. Considering most people don't cook a lot in halls that is more than enough.

The Lawns is pretty good, it's really good for being social, the rooms are all a decent size and even if you don't manage to get en suite it's not a problem as there are toilets and showers on every floor so you're never waiting.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest