The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lisha_01
I'm doing dentistry. I received my offer letter in the post today.[/QUOT

i got mine today too! do you know how many people got in this year?
Reply 21
I'm doing dentistry. I received my offer letter in the post today.

I thought they assume you're coming if you pay the tuition fees before the deadline?!

yea by confirm, i meant payed the deposit for the tuition fee.
Reply 23
Original post by ATfitness
yea by confirm, i meant payed the deposit for the tuition fee.

Oh ok, I'm planning to pay the deposit in the next couple of days.
Reply 24
Original post by akwon14

I have no idea! You could ask Ranjit, she might know.
Reply 25
I have no idea! You could ask Ranjit, she might know.

Are you planning on learning the language before the term starts?
Reply 26
Original post by akwon14
Are you planning on learning the language before the term starts?

Yeah I will try to learn the basics before the term starts. Have you started looking for accommodation?
Reply 27
Yeah I will try to learn the basics before the term starts. Have you started looking for accommodation?

i have sort of. my parents are thinking of buying a small flat there since i will be staying there for 6 years.
Do you know any good websites for learning Hungarian?
Reply 28
Original post by akwon14
i have sort of. my parents are thinking of buying a small flat there since i will be staying there for 6 years.
Do you know any good websites for learning Hungarian?

Yeah my parents were thinking of doing that too! Not really, I downloaded the app memrise the other day that seems alright!
Original post by Newdoc2014
Hello everyone,

I am from the UK and have just been accepted into the 6 year MD program at Semmelweis University in Hungary. As you can imagine moving to Hungary is a big deal especially if it is going to be for 6 years! I am fairly new to this whole process but do know a few good things about the school: GMC approves, Canadian approved, California board state approved (a must if you want to practice in the USA as it allows you to write their entrance exams upon graduation from the medical school), Listed medical school by the WHO. So as far as the school is concerned and the fact that they offer about 6 dozen different clinical rotation places throughout the world I am happy with it. However, this is what I do not know:

1. Living conditions - how safe is Budapest?

2. Teaching environment - how good are the teachers?

3. What are the clinical placements like?

4. What should I know about the program that school might not tell you but a student with experience would suggest?

5. How satisfying is the program??

If someone could chip in who is in the program or has applied or been accepted this year or could bring any valuable information to the table - such as knowing a friend in the program please write back.

Thank you kindly :smile:

Just my 2 cents but as someone studying in the UK, big changes are possibly happening here too. If we vote leave then who knows what happens regarding EU grads working here and also the GMC has a licensing exam on the cards to go live in 2021 which will affect all grads regardless of alma matter!

As for the Canada boards etc those countries see everyone who's graduated abroad as an FMG if you have perm res/citizen status otherwise you're seen as an IMG. Basically it's next to impossible to get a half decent job but that's not to say it's impossible :tongue: Anyone can sit the board exams for any country, doesn't matter so long as your medschool is listed :wink: it's a silly selling point that they use for those who haven't started yet!

Enjoy your medical pathway and I hope it goes well!
Reply 30
Yeah my parents were thinking of doing that too! Not really, I downloaded the app memrise the other day that seems alright!

do you know how they are going to buy it, in terms of estate agency, morgages
and locations wise?
Reply 31
Original post by akwon14
do you know how they are going to buy it, in terms of estate agency, morgages
and locations wise?

I've actually decided to rent for the first year just to get a feel for the city/area and where is it best to live.
Reply 32
I've actually decided to rent for the first year just to get a feel for the city/area and where is it best to live.

ah, okay. well, hope your preparation for the uni is going well :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by akwon14
ah, okay. well, hope your preparation for the uni is going well :smile:

You too 😄 What area are you looking for accommodation?
Reply 34
You too 😄 What area are you looking for accommodation?

preferably the dis.8 or anywhere near the university. How about you? Btw, I don't know what to do in terms of getting prepared. Do i have to fill in any forms, do i have to read any books. are you planning on doing any readings before the term starts?
Reply 35
Original post by akwon14
preferably the dis.8 or anywhere near the university. How about you? Btw, I don't know what to do in terms of getting prepared. Do i have to fill in any forms, do i have to read any books. are you planning on doing any readings before the term starts?

Yeah same. I think you have to pay the tuition fee before 19th August and then turn up at registration. I think the uni send us a book list via email a few weeks before the semester starts. I might just have a look through the text books before but I don't think I'll do any other reading! What about you?
Reply 36
Yeah same. I think you have to pay the tuition fee before 19th August and then turn up at registration. I think the uni send us a book list via email a few weeks before the semester starts. I might just have a look through the text books before but I don't think I'll do any other reading! What about you?

Yea my parents paid on the that i got my letter lol. typical asian parents XD. I honestly have no plan what so ever. Tbh, we are going to be studying mad to not fail for at least 3 years, i might as well as use this period to rest then stressing over something that i don't even know :smile:
how about you?
Reply 37
Original post by akwon14
Yea my parents paid on the that i got my letter lol. typical asian parents XD. I honestly have no plan what so ever. Tbh, we are going to be studying mad to not fail for at least 3 years, i might as well as use this period to rest then stressing over something that i don't even know :smile:
how about you?

Yeah exactly! There's not point stressing about it now! I doubt they will expect us to have done anything anyway.
Reply 38
Yeah exactly! There's not point stressing about it now! I doubt they will expect us to have done anything anyway.

yea! I'm not being too chilled am i? Are you planning on doing that 10 days course at mcdaniel in august? i mean, i don't know what they'll be teaching, but it seems like €1390 is rather overly priced in my opinion. and when are you planning on going over there?
Reply 39
Original post by akwon14
yea! I'm not being too chilled am i? Are you planning on doing that 10 days course at mcdaniel in august? i mean, i don't know what they'll be teaching, but it seems like €1390 is rather overly priced in my opinion. and when are you planning on going over there?

Yeah I think it's definitely overpriced for what they go over. It's just A level biology, chemistry & physics. I'm planning to get there on 25th August. I want to spend a couple of days adjusting. What about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending