The Student Room Group

Opinions on this dress

If worn on a night out or something like that?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
Reply 1
Would you wear this with a blazer/tights etc?

I would personally be too self conscious to wear a dress like that, but I have seen girls go out in those kind of dresses. I can't say I'm a fan, but if you'd feel comfortable and want to show off a bit, then why not? :tongue:

I would cover it up a bit with a blazer or something as I said earlier, but I find it difficult baring anything past the shoulder. I think you will get some attention wearing that dress though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well, it's a nice colour but it's quite revealing. The cut isn't slutty looking as such, it's nicely done and well-made but it is quite exposing and 'look-at-me'. Maybe if it was either low neckline or backless, not both.
(edited 9 years ago)
Looks like a slutty dress and someone desperate to wear it because they aren't getting attention any other way. I'm not against personal choice to wear the desperate "look at me i'm a slut please state at my boobs", if you want to go for it do it, but prepare to be judged, i'm just stating my opinion.
Low neckline or high hemline, OP. Not both.
I think the backless part is a bit too much. It's all very...flimsy. I wouldn't wear it personally, no. It would probs look nicer with a blazer but then in a club that would get far too hot. If you like it go for it but I don't personally :no:
From a male's perspective, the backless part is too much too.
Front looks fine
Reply 7
Original post by Angury
Would you wear this with a blazer/tights etc?

I would personally be too self conscious to wear a dress like that, but I have seen girls go out in those kind of dresses. I can't say I'm a fan, but if you'd feel comfortable and want to show off a bit, then why not? :tongue:

I would cover it up a bit with a blazer or something as I said earlier, but I find it difficult baring anything past the shoulder. I think you will get some attention wearing that dress though.

Didn't think about wearing it with tights but it would probably be too hot to do so. The last time I wore tights to a club I thought I was melting haha

Original post by Blueray2
Looks like a slutty dress and someone desperate to wear it because they aren't getting attention any other way. I'm not against personal choice to wear the desperate "look at me i'm a slut please state at my boobs", if you want to go for it do it, but prepare to be judged, i'm just stating my opinion.

Hmm. Yes you're probably right about being judged but I think I'm pretty different person on a night out to how I am normally so I don't think I'd mind it too much. In a weird way it's kind of nice going from the quiet girl by day to receiving some attention if that makes sense
Reply 8
Original post by naomi_s
Didn't think about wearing it with tights but it would probably be too hot to do so. The last time I wore tights to a club I thought I was melting haha

I think the dress is a bit much by itself. You would probably receive a lot of attention as well. I can't say I like the dress, but it's your call if you don't mind revealing that much.
I know everyone else has said this already but the dress really is very revealing. The back, again, is far too much and it's quite "try-hard" in the boob area. Plus, it's quite short. I think that the colour is absolutely gorgeous though - maybe if you try something with a little less back and either a dress that showcases your legs or your boobs - never both! :smile:
I've said this so many times to different people:

It's you're body. You choose what to put on it. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, then go for it.

It's not for other people to judge.
Reply 11
I must be the only who likes it lol. I don't like the back or the colour but it's quite a nice shape. I'd wear it with tights though. Maybe a cardigan since the back is very revealing..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by malena123
I know everyone else has said this already but the dress really is very revealing. The back, again, is far too much and it's quite "try-hard" in the boob area. Plus, it's quite short. I think that the colour is absolutely gorgeous though - maybe if you try something with a little less back and either a dress that showcases your legs or your boobs - never both! :smile:

Hmm I'm not sure how short it will be on me actually. The model is 5 foot 9 and I am pretty petite haha... if anything I may need to get it taken up :colondollar:
Original post by naomi_s
Hmm I'm not sure how short it will be on me actually. The model is 5 foot 9 and I am pretty petite haha... if anything I may need to get it taken up :colondollar:

Oh okay, but even so, it will still be a short dress... but I guess at the end of the day, it's your decision so I just hope it's right for you! :smile:
Wouldn't you feel cold in that?
Original post by naomi_s

Hmm. Yes you're probably right about being judged but I think I'm pretty different person on a night out to how I am normally so I don't think I'd mind it too much. In a weird way it's kind of nice going from the quiet girl by day to receiving some attention if that makes sense

But its the wrong kind of attention "if that makes sense"
Personal question I know but do you have much in the way of boobs because a bra with that dress is pretty impossible with the back and low neck. Mine would just look awful in that.
Reply 17
Original post by Charlottelt
Personal question I know but do you have much in the way of boobs because a bra with that dress is pretty impossible with the back and low neck. Mine would just look awful in that.

As in too much would be bad, or too little?
I'm a 30E so I don't really know...
Original post by naomi_s
As in too much would be bad, or too little?
I'm a 30E so I don't really know...

Unless it has an inbuilt bra things could head south if you get what I mean. I know from experience of trying to wear no bra with dresses (34FF)
Reply 19
Original post by Charlottelt
Unless it has an inbuilt bra things could head south if you get what I mean. I know from experience of trying to wear no bra with dresses (34FF)

Ahh that is something I didn't think to consider haha. Thanks for mentioning it, I should check

Quick Reply

Latest