The Student Room Group

Girl friend has disappeared

So a while ago I worked some magic at a bus stop outside a club, and got this girl's number.

We got talking by text, but I'm an impatient guy and the first time we talked I told her to talk on whatsapp. She doesn't use whatsapp anymore (I checked it anyway, her last seen was two weeks before we met) but she does use some Kik messenger **** with her friends so I was like kl, we'll do Kik.

Now I played this nicely, didn't beg her attention, let her come to me, started conversations whenever it was right, etc. We started talking slowly but whenever we talked it was a good, long conversation. Quite often she'd message me whenever she was drunk.

This girl is a bit of a nutter, always doing mental psycho **** when she's drunk. She lives in a bad part of London and walks home alone quite often. Very skinny so quite an easy target but she's told me of times she's defended herself.

On Friday night she was drunk and messaged me stuff like 'I'm scared' 'these people are really horrible' and 'I'm cold'. I told her to calm down, to go inside if she gets colder, to stop smoking greens and to ring me if anything bad happens. I was in the middle of something and when I checked my phone 20 minutes later, she typed out really drunkenly that she was going to walk home.

So 20 minutes after her message, I asked her 'where are you now'. The message got delivered to her phone but she hadn't read it.

Spoiler

I woke at 8 the next morning and checked and she still hadn't read it. At 10 I checked, and she had read it, but not replied. I wasn't worried, sometimes she reads it and replies later in her own time. It's chilled out.

Later on in the day around 2 I sent her a message like 'hey' or 'oi' and it just said 'delivered' and she hasn't read it yet, until now.

At about 4 I sent her a text, not a kik message, saying something like 'let me know you're alive at least!', no reply.

And then after midnight I sent something like 'soooo bored' and it hasn't even been delivered to her phone.

What are we thinking, has her phone been nicked? Or she's lost it? It's possible that she doesn't want to talk to me anymore but I kinda doubt it, it doesn't fit. I don't have her facebook (and I aint at that stage yet).
Reply 1
bump
Ask her parents, friends et al. If they too have not seen her, probably might want to start ringing the authorities and explain she is missing and nobody has seen her.
Reply 3
Original post by the mezzil
Ask her parents, friends et al. If they too have not seen her, probably might want to start ringing the authorities and explain she is missing and nobody has seen her.

I don't know any of them - I have no contact with her except her phone number. I don't know her school, have her facebook or anything else.
Original post by White Dress
I don't know any of them - I have no contact with her except her phone number. I don't know her school, have her facebook or anything else.

wtf?

How can you call this girl a "friend" when you literally seem to know nothing about her?

Do you know her name?
Reply 5
Original post by the mezzil
wtf?

How can you call this girl a "friend" when you literally seem to know nothing about her?

Do you know her name?

Obviously, but she's just a girl that I've been chirpsing after getting her number.

My interests in her to date have not extended to what school she goes to and her best friends' phone numbers.
Reply 6
Have you tried calling her? Is she on any social networks? You could check if she is ok. What about her friends, get hold of them maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know her name and the area she lives in, have you tried finding her on social media? I don't know if Kik has profile pictures, but if it does, do a reverse image search for hers and you might get some of her other accounts.

Since this only happened two days ago (unless I missed something in the OP) she probably hasn't had time to get a replacement phone yet if she has lost it.
people's responses here show they haven't actually read the post.

She hasn't 'disappeared', she just stopped talking to him. She's not his girlfriend or a close female friend, just a potential love interest.

I don't know if she's still interested but its probably best to stop messaging her pointless things like 'oi' or 'so bored' etc. Let her come to you or be direct and ask if she wants to meet.
Original post by White Dress
So a while ago I worked some magic at a bus stop outside a club, and got this girl's number.

We got talking by text, but I'm an impatient guy and the first time we talked I told her to talk on whatsapp. She doesn't use whatsapp anymore (I checked it anyway, her last seen was two weeks before we met) but she does use some Kik messenger **** with her friends so I was like kl, we'll do Kik.

Now I played this nicely, didn't beg her attention, let her come to me, started conversations whenever it was right, etc. We started talking slowly but whenever we talked it was a good, long conversation. Quite often she'd message me whenever she was drunk.

This girl is a bit of a nutter, always doing mental psycho **** when she's drunk. She lives in a bad part of London and walks home alone quite often. Very skinny so quite an easy target but she's told me of times she's defended herself.

On Friday night she was drunk and messaged me stuff like 'I'm scared' 'these people are really horrible' and 'I'm cold'. I told her to calm down, to go inside if she gets colder, to stop smoking greens and to ring me if anything bad happens. I was in the middle of something and when I checked my phone 20 minutes later, she typed out really drunkenly that she was going to walk home.

So 20 minutes after her message, I asked her 'where are you now'. The message got delivered to her phone but she hadn't read it.

Spoiler

I woke at 8 the next morning and checked and she still hadn't read it. At 10 I checked, and she had read it, but not replied. I wasn't worried, sometimes she reads it and replies later in her own time. It's chilled out.

Later on in the day around 2 I sent her a message like 'hey' or 'oi' and it just said 'delivered' and she hasn't read it yet, until now.

At about 4 I sent her a text, not a kik message, saying something like 'let me know you're alive at least!', no reply.

And then after midnight I sent something like 'soooo bored' and it hasn't even been delivered to her phone.

What are we thinking, has her phone been nicked? Or she's lost it? It's possible that she doesn't want to talk to me anymore but I kinda doubt it, it doesn't fit. I don't have her facebook (and I aint at that stage yet).

You know none of her friends/family and haven't got her on any social networking sites?
I can then only assume you aren't that close and haven't been talking long.

It would not surprise me if she's just lost interest. Quite often I will give someone my phone number, only to realise a few days/weeks/months later that it's going nowhere and I'd rather just cut contact.

If you know her surname, perhaps try and find her on Facebook/Twitter, something like that and just check to see if there has been any activity.

If someone had stolen her phone (or her!) I would assume, as not to draw attention to the situation, they would respond to your message. A simple "Yes, I'm alive", to keep you at arms length.

You could try ringing her phone if you're concerned, but without knowing anything about this girl, there isn't much you can do.
Reply 10
Original post by benplumley
You know her name and the area she lives in, have you tried finding her on social media? I don't know if Kik has profile pictures, but if it does, do a reverse image search for hers and you might get some of her other accounts.

Since this only happened two days ago (unless I missed something in the OP) she probably hasn't had time to get a replacement phone yet if she has lost it.

I don't know her surname.

Yeah, doubt she's sorted a replacement yet. Thanks for replying

Original post by peasandqueues
people's responses here show they haven't actually read the post.

She hasn't 'disappeared', she just stopped talking to him. She's not his girlfriend or a close female friend, just a potential love interest.

I don't know if she's still interested but its probably best to stop messaging her pointless things like 'oi' or 'so bored' etc. Let her come to you or be direct and ask if she wants to meet.

Yeah I'm not gonna sent those things anymore. We talked very freely so something like 'oi' wasn't particularly needy imo, and the sooo bored thing was just a way of sending a message and seeing if it would be delivered or not.

I genuinely don't think that she's lost interest. I've been turned down and blanked before, I know the general symptoms. In this case, she was texting me and asking for help whilst drunk, not a day gone since we had a great long conversation, it just seems impossible that she's decided to blank me so quickly (within a matter of minutes).

I think her phone is lost or something. My last message still hasn't been delivered to her phone which means that her phone hasn't been connected to the internet (or she's blocked me, but like I say, I can't believe it).

I'll probably send a text in a few days, if she hasn't sent one yet.
Thanks for replying

Original post by Vikki1805
You know none of her friends/family and haven't got her on any social networking sites?
I can then only assume you aren't that close and haven't been talking long.

It would not surprise me if she's just lost interest. Quite often I will give someone my phone number, only to realise a few days/weeks/months later that it's going nowhere and I'd rather just cut contact.

If you know her surname, perhaps try and find her on Facebook/Twitter, something like that and just check to see if there has been any activity.

If someone had stolen her phone (or her!) I would assume, as not to draw attention to the situation, they would respond to your message. A simple "Yes, I'm alive", to keep you at arms length.

You could try ringing her phone if you're concerned, but without knowing anything about this girl, there isn't much you can do.

We've been talking for a decent amount of time, like more than a month. And about a lot of things. We're not super close but it's not an unfamiliar routine when we start talking at 11 and call it a day at 3. As I said to the poster above, I'd be a bit shocked if she was blanking me because of lost interest. Not because of some deep fantasy love I have for her, but just because it doesn't add up.

You're right about there not being much I could do. Not gonna lie, I am a bit concerned, I don't like the idea of girls walking home alone in that area and for her to just not reply is a bit odd. I'll probably send a text in a few days and if no reply, maybe try facebook/twitter. Thanks for replying
Did she reply

If not get a new kik or let me send a msg to her lol

But tell me if shes found or not
Reply 12
Original post by Xenax123
Did she reply

If not get a new kik or let me send a msg to her lol

But tell me if shes found or not

yeah she replied dw, alls good

Quick Reply

Latest